Looking for buddys who want to shed belly fat

Options
Hi
Im trying to shed belly fat and ive been on an intermittent fasting for 5days now. I am persevering to get rid of my belly fat when i reach my 7th day.
Share your story here for information to people like me that really want a gòod shredded abdomen and maintain it that way. It would be an added motivation if you could post evidence of your progress. Anyways heres mine

Replies

• wanikhan2020
    wanikhan2020 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry the image cnt load . The app cant seem to insert it when i opted for the camera icon or even after taking the picture in my ph camera and pressing on the gallery icon in the app to load the picture from there 😏
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Try the landscape picture
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    So this is my pic that was suppose to be posted . This was yesterday.
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    Landscape didnt work did it lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Do you have much weight to lose? as your weight reduces so will the belly fat although thats often the area where the fat is last to go but unfortunately we can't spot reduce.

All the best with the shedding.
  • reachimmanuel
    reachimmanuel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm on that journey too. Fasting for me has gotten me weak and worried that I am losing my muscle gains, so I am just tracking my macros and eating less.
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    Ive lost weight and i gotten weak toward my fifth and through to the end 7th day intermittent fasting as i was started to do active work.
    I could feel my abdominal muscles, my belly did shrink and oblique was shaping out .
    I managed to eat a high fiber and protein diet during my intermittent fasting.
    Overall i thought it can be done in a week , bare in mind i was on a 23 hour intermittent fasting and 1 hr window for my meal that included 3 eggs, 2 normal slices of wholemeal raisin with less than 45 grams of cheese and a bowl of cereal and milk(around 60 ml).
    The only work out was 3 set of 30 normal sit up followed by a 2min planks everyday for 7 days.
    Living the lean dream if i could only show you here the image . 😏
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    After 7 days i made some improvements but i wasnt satisfied with my results. Now that ive finished my int.fasting. i still want to be in the best mid section body shape . Im still pushing for what the best regime is out there for me. I have proven to myself that it takes more than 7days of int.fasting (23:1 ratio)and high fibre and protein to get the belly fat out and showcase the muscle abs.
    I wanna try a combination of diet and normal sit ups. Does anyone have good program and has tried it ? Im willing to go for 4 weeks 8 wks even 12 weeks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You didn't say if you had much weight you needed to lose?
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is pretty extreme fasting; energy levels still ok? I'm trying a much less extreme version; feel i'm not eating enough to maintain it
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    I tried the int.fasting For only 1 week . Because i have done this couple times before , i had the courage and ability to follow through for only 1 week.
    Yeh the energy level dipped as i went into the 5th day. Water is so important from start to finish. Always be hydrated when you fast.

I wanted to lose .5kg .
    i didnt need to lose much . My weight was 100 kg.
    My goal was to trim around the mid section. Hoping my abs would show especially the lower abs.
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    23:1 is too extreme and 7 days of anything isn't enough. If you want to do IF properly why not try 16:8 and work up to 20:4.
    You also can't spot reduce fat like that you lose it equally if it's coming off your belly only it'll just be bloat reduction through water loss. I'd be interested to know how much of the "fat" (water) returns after the 7 starvation days.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is not just one type of intermittent fasting. You might have to experiment a bit. If you're feeling weak and like you're losing ground with the muscle you gained, that's a sign you picked a plan that's maybe not ideal for you. Here are the most common IF plans I've seen on MFP, from most restrictive to least:

OMAD - One meal a day, or 23:1. The idea is to eat all your calories in one meal and nothing but water or black coffee the rest of the day. For me, this is not a realistic plan. I need food throughout the day to keep my energy up and my brain functioning for work.

Other various time windows of eating - 20:4 and 16:8 are more common than OMAD. You fast for either 20 or 16 hours, and eat only during 4 or 8 hours. I've done 16:8 before but never 20:4.

5:2 - This one is the easiest for me. You eat normally/at maintenance on 5 days and on 2 days you eat only about 500 kcals. I felt less restricted and it was kind of nice to get all my calorie deficit from a few days instead of restricting every day.

The most important thing to remember is that you can't spot reduce simply by restricting calories. I would love a smaller stomach but when I lose weight that's the last place is leaves from. If you saw some "results" with one week of OMAD, you probably just reduced bloat. It feels great, but it's mostly not fat that left. Be honest with yourself about what you can accomplish and in how much time. :)
  • wanikhan2020
    Options
    I actually thought that it could 23:1 spot reduce. It didnt.
    Yeh 23:1 is extreme and in 1 week cant give abs to show for. I tried it and it takes more than a week to show for something.
    Im still pushing for int. Fasting but i ll give longer window for meals going forward
    Indeed i do know there various types ratio of int. Fasting. I felt comfortable with the 23:1 because i have gone without food for days.
  • carola230
    carola230 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like IM and do most days at least 16:8 trying Keto too and lost a stone in a month. Belly fat try apple cider vinegar works well. Any tips would be appreciated on my journey. Very unmotivated to walk Good luck.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    carola230 wrote: »
    I like IM and do most days at least 16:8 trying Keto too and lost a stone in a month. Belly fat try apple cider vinegar works well. Any tips would be appreciated on my journey. Very unmotivated to walk Good luck.

I am sorry but there is no evidence to support the myth that ACV does anything to aid weight loss...

• Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hooliekom wrote: »
    carola230 wrote: »

I am sorry but there is no evidence to support the myth that ACV does anything to aid weight loss...

2009 Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry journal supports the claim. Also you should buy Braggs "the mother" for best results.
  • paulcaesar67
    paulcaesar67 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that targeted weight loss is a myth. Most fat I lose is belly fat simply because that's where my fat is
  • randyolf
    randyolf Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Shaun T's T 25 workout DVDs. Eating sensible and going for it with exercise. Only on day 3 so I can't say if is working yet.