tall girls/big frame

Options
So, here is the questions/topics.
(I'm not liking hearing about people who want to be 120.)

How tall are you?

What is your weight?

What is your build?

How much do you workout?

How much do you eat average daily?

I'm 5'10. I'm a large frame. I weight 170. I workout out at least 1 hour a day I teach spin class, i ride my bike, i swim, i run and do streghtn training. I am trying to eat 1800 calories a day. But still not really losing weight. Any suggestions? Do you have any other problems being a larger frame?

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    So, here is the questions/topics.
    (I'm not liking hearing about people who want to be 120.)

How tall are you?

What is your weight?

What is your build?

How much do you workout?

How much do you eat average daily?

I'm 5'10. I'm a large frame. I weight 170. I workout out at least 1 hour a day I teach spin class, i ride my bike, i swim, i run and do streghtn training. I am trying to eat 1800 calories a day. But still not really losing weight. Any suggestions? Do you have any other problems being a larger frame?
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This is cool, when I first started here I looked a similar thread for shorter folks and found it very enlightening on how things can vary for them. So here goes:

How tall are you? 5'9

What is your weight? 192

What is your build? Large frame

How much do you workout? 3 times a week, some more, some less (being honest)

How much do you eat average daily? 1200-1400

I set my normal activity level at sedentary because I work from home and wouldn't consider myself anywhere above that, so anything else in that category is gravy for me. I used to lose really easy but I was also younger and was pretty much starving myself with pills from a weightloss doctor. While that worked at the time, I eventually got "immune" to the pills and gained it all back then ALOT. I see from viewing my reports that sodium is a big issue for me, trying to work on that but still haven't gotten it down. With that said, for doing it the right way, I feel I'm losing slow, but as many others have said, steady wins the race. Interested to see what others say.......:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 6'1"

What is your weight? 183

What is your build? medium

How much do you workout? 3-4 times per week

How much do you eat average daily? 1400-1700 cals

since starting 1/5, i have lost 7lbs and 7 inches. i give myself a bit of slack on the weekends but have changed my eating/drinking habits drastically. yes, my weight loss has been slow but seeing 7 inches come off in one month was huge for me. after about 2.5 months, i started cooking more rather than rely on frozen dinners - i know its helps with the sodium. as i said, its slow - but this weight didnt show up over night either.
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 11 1/2 inches

currently weigh 194

medium frame

my goal weight is 165

I am eating 1250 - 1400 calories per day

have lost 15 pounds since February 1
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'10
    What's your weight? 155
    What is your build? Large frame
    How much do you workout? 2-3 times a week, but I also walk everywhere
    How much do you eat average daily? 1200-1400, zig zag my calories

It's great to hear from other people with a similar frame. I was doing the "ideal weight" survey last night & it said mine should be 160 lbs. I think I'm aiming for 140 lbs.

I would say try zig-zagging your calories. I just came across this site : http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm# This might be a good way to help with your weightloss. Also, try mixing up your exercise routine. Your body just may have became used to the same routine.

Best of luck my tall friends!
  • areay
    Options
    thanks to everyone who replied! good luck on your journey!:bigsmile:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'8

What is your weight? 145

What is your build? wide frame - hour glass

How much do you workout? 3 - 4 workouts max 1 hour + 1 hour aerobics a week

How much do you eat average daily? anywhere from 1,200 to 1,500

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    How tall are you? 6 feet even

What is your weight? 156

What is your build? medium hour glass frame

How much do you workout? I walk 4 miles 5 days a week and recently started doing yoga 4 times a week.

How much do you eat average daily? My daily goal is 1290 without exercise. When I add my daily exercise, I usually end up eating 1800 calories.

I've lost 6 lbs in 19 days and I'm happy with the progress. My goal weight is 145.
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Tall: 5ft 11inches
    Weigth: 160.8
    Build: Medium-Wide Hips-skinny arms and calves!
    Workout: Shoot for 5 days a week, Biggest Loser DVD collection-Most of the time only 3 days
    Eat: 1200-2000 Calories a day.. just started trying to monitor

I have lost 9 pounds since Feb 7th, just cutting calories and trying to work out. Just recently had a baby (6 months) so i have a LOT of belly fat!!!

Dont have a "goal" weight.. Just want to be able to wear size 8's again!
  • areay
    Options
    I would love to be an eight. But, i guess i have been a 10 for about 8 years solid so that counts right? I do have one pair of 8 jeans, their my skinny jeans and i love them, just can't put them in the dryer too much...ha ha:laugh:
  • JaynieLou
    JaynieLou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'9

What is your weight? 178lbs

What is your build? large frame

How much do you workout? Before this week - never (I'm a newbie :)). I'm aiming for 3-4 hour long workouts a week, whether that's swimming, or the gym, or whatever...

How much do you eat average daily? I'm aiming for 1200-1400 (previously was over 2500, I didn't realise how much I was eating before I started logging!)

My goal weight is 159 lbs, I was happy at that weight pre-baby, not too skinny.
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling!! I try not to get anything on my skinny jeans (size 13! YIKES) so that i dont have to wash them.. Once i wash and dry it takes a good day at least to loosen them up again! By then end of the week or so they are so stretched out that i HAVE to wash and dry them!!!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hehe ~ tallest girl here so far! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I am 5 feet 11 1/2 inches

currently weigh 194

medium frame

my goal weight is 165

I am eating 1250 - 1400 calories per day

have lost 15 pounds since February 1

you just made me remember a silly moment i had when i was about 18....
    i used to tell everyone (you know, EVERYONE asks the famous questions) that i was 5'11'' 3/4 because i didnt want to SAY 6 feet! one day my mom said, for crying out loud, you are 6 feet tall - get over it! LOL! :blushing:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'9

What is your weight? 154

What is your build? medium build

How much do you workout? before this week it was treadmill 3 days a week for 30min. and now it is weight training Mon, tues, and thurs for 45min. to an hour and treadmill Wed, Fri, and Sun for 30min.

How much do you eat average daily? without exercise I eat around 1500, with exercise around 1800.

My goal is to get to 140. I too did the ideal weight check and it said I should be where I am at now, I am just not happy with my weight though. I also try to stagger my calories. I have lost 10 pounds and 5 inches all around since I restarted here at MFP in Jan. 09. I also make sure I eat my exercise calories.
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'11

What is your weight? 255lbs

What is your build? med-large frame

How much do you workout? 5-6. I aim for 6 a week, but sometimes life gets in the way.

How much do you eat average daily? It depends on my workouts program I'm doing, but right now I'm really working on getting my calories right at or just below 1500

My goal weight is 160. The thing on Self says 157 for a med. frame and 167 for a large frame, so I figure 160 is a good place to be.

My biggest complaint? It takes sooo long for me to go down a size. I tend to lose all over evenly. We'll all get where we want to be though!
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Two Danielles in a row!

Heather- your story makes me laugh. I had a similar story with my boyfriend and to this day he still teases me about whether I'm 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'10 1/2.
  • areay
    Options
    YOu can do it! Good luck!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm short, but I have the most ridiculously big frame. Even at my skinniest, when I had an eating disorder, I was a British size ten- not all THAT small, but my hips were jutting out in a painful, quite sickening way. My bones are thick and wide and has been commented on by doctors after x-rays. It's a bonus in some ways- I should have broken several bones with various accidents, but they're seemingly impossible to berak. I have childbearing hips and stupidly wide shoulders. Even my ribcage is wide- again, even with bones jutting, I was a definate ten. My dad has a very wide frame too, and was a natural rugby player when he was young. I will never be a delicate little girlie- but I CAN be slim and that's the aim
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Two Danielles in a row!

Heather- your story makes me laugh. I had a similar story with my boyfriend and to this day he still teases me about whether I'm 5'10 or 5'11 or 5'10 1/2.

hehe, that is cute! :flowerforyou: