Everyone’s journey is different

Options
No one shares the same journey. Mine has taken years and still continues. It has involved losses and gains more than once. To me it was like quitting smoking- I did that 9 times before it finally took 8 years ago. The collage below shows me at my highest in 2008, my current lowest now and several in between. I am still losing- I am still 30 pounds or so from goal now. That said I have continued to make progress. The tools are always the same- journaling, clean eating, calorie deficit and exercise for general health. What usually waivers and causes the increases is my discipline, vigilance and the realization that my health deserves to be priority over other obligations. I mean- I KNOW I should put my oxygen mask on first in the event of a crash but knowing me I would still help my neighbor with their mask first. The point of my post is to possibly encourage others- vascillations happen, not everyone loses all their target weight and keeps it off the first time, but it doesn’t mean you have failed or anything else. The key is to dust off the tools and get back on track. 7xo1f68l27y9.jpeg

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and on having been successful in quitting smoking. Both awesome for your health.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress and congratulations on keeping with it. Ultimately the truest key to success is never giving up. :smile:
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your continuing weight loss. Well said. I put other's needs ahead of my own. Each day I have to tell myself that I am entitled to x number of minutes to exercise for myself or it would never happen.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this is so encouraging! I'm on day 16 smoke-free, using the patch, and focusing on my fitness has been the absolute key to my recovery!

You don't even look like the same person in your pictures!! Fantastic job!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So true. All of what you said. Thank you for sharing.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Thanks for sharing.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation ...Congrats .... I also quit smoking after 30+years back in January 2019 :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my favorite success stories ever. Real life, real talk, real success. Well done <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!