Extra calories saved up?

Options
Okay! So please don’t bite me head off over only eating 800 calories.
So basically 3 days this week I’ve only eaten 800 calories (been at work I’ve not been hungry.I work for the nhs...I have hyperhidrosis so when I get too hot I don’t feel like eating)
So my calories MFP has calculated for me is 1500 :)
But I’ve ive only eaten 800 calories one day (1500-800=700)
So my question is...if I have 700 calories I haven’t eaten Sort of left...can you eat these at the end of the week as a treat pizza?
Would I still lose my 1lb a week? Xx
And does anyone else do this? Or do they not have the treat haha

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you Suzy xx :)
    It’s so hot at work and obviously now we have to wear the masks all day I just don’t feel like eating! It’s terrible xx
    Thank you xx stay safe :) xx
    Sure, lots of people intentionally save up calories during the week so they can have a treat on the weekend.
    Just bear in mind that you might see some water gain from a larger or higher-sodium meal, but that's temporary.
    Enjoy your pizza!

• Lildarlinz
    Options
    Thank you pav xx
    I will try my best to have something more when I get home to up the calorie intake a bit...
    As you know we have to wear masks for the whole 12 hour shifts now and they are making me feel quite sick.Its very hard to want to feel like eating when you feel sick and hot

But I will try my best xx thank you for your lovely advice stay safe :)
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The math works.

But you're also stretching the valleys and the peaks by a bit

A 1-200 a day saved and a 1200 Cal splurge once a week? Sure sounds like a great plan!

But frequent large deficits followed by the inevitable large compensating overages can very soon start looking like a restrict-binge cycle--not a great plan!

Be proactive and be great!!!!

• KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to hit 1200 on those days you don’t feel like eating and “bank” the rest? It might help you to feel your best while you’re helping others. Your body need the nutrition. Even possibly use protein shakes as it may be easier to drink something- especially if you’re to hot.
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If I want to save up I wont go below 1400-1500 (mfp only lets u do 1500 for guys anyway) i assume 1300 for girls?
  • popularkidrightnow
    popularkidrightnow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would say do as makes you feel comfortable they recommend higher calorie intake than 800 but more over if you have the comfort and energy you can take it as low as the amount you’re consuming. You can eat the remaining calories needed for recommended intake every weekend thats still fine
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    Thank you Lorr xx

I didn’t have my pizza in the end xx I didn’t fancy it in the end so I had a fry up instead yesterday but I brought low calorie/low fat bacon and sausages and it was lovely 😛😛 and I’ve stayed the same weight so all good :D
    I will try to eat more though whilst at work xx
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I'm not biting your head off, but if you are eating only half of the minimum recommended I encourage you to look at how to consume more calories, and NUTRITIOUS calories on a daily basis. Additional healthy fat and protein should help. While it's ok to bank a few calories (100-200 a few days) for a treat, if you're eating only half your calories I would not use it all on pizza. I LOVE pizza but its also important to balance out your nutrition for HEALTH reasons.

• Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I purposefully banked calories all week so I could have lots of mum’s pudding tonight. I think most of us do it. Just make sure you count correctly so you don’t go over too much. Have fun
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I ate about a half slab too many ribs and a slice of key lime pie for father's day yesterday. This is why folks it's not the worst idea to save up some calories if you know you got a big event coming up lmfao.