One week in.💪🏿

Options
meez727
meez727 Posts: 10 Member
Hey everyone, Im new to this app and its pretty useful I'm enjoying it but Im hearing that engaging with the communtiy on here can make the experience better! Going into the topic here starting off I think I'm doing surprisingly well Im not jonesing for junk food when grocery shopping and haven't been to a fast food joint since starting. Im well aware this journey will have many dips and redos but so far so good. Anybody else want to drop their week in experience?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! I'm more than a week in but the past week was stressy-stressy! I lost 3 lbs in 3 days and had to reel it in so as not to let it get out of hand.

The stress is still there (and will be for a few months, I'm told) but I'm glad I figured out how to get back on track quickly.

The ability to adapt, healthfully, can be seen all over the forums. I hope you're able to find your tribe here: there's so many people doing cool things related to food and exercise.

Have fun on your journey 👋🏿
  • meez727
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My first reply lol👍🏿 was the stress brought on by the lifestyle change? I mean 3 pounds in 3 days sounds like a win to me.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the forums .... You are welcome to add me if you would like a cheerleader/supporter ...wishing you the very best :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    lol yes, we're all real boys and girls so we respond... and sometimes nicely too 😝

I'd rather lose in a controlled manner: slow n steady. That way I can keep a better eye on body fat loss and lean muscle gains.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!
  • meez727
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Let support each other!

@creesama Ten pounds would scare me too plus your other situations aren't making its any easier stay stong I'll shoot you and frend req.

@MaltedTea I can fully understand that gotta keep an eye on them gains. I know I am lol. For myself that is lol

Also I dont know how to reply individualy if possible can anyone tell me how?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Use the quote in blue on the bottom of each post :)
  • meez727
    Options

Like this?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    meez727 wrote: »

Like this?

yuppers :p
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP forums. Love the positivity!
  • digestibleplastic
    digestibleplastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My first week was a little weird. I tried not to lose weight the entire first month I was back on MFP. I just wanted to get in the habit of tracking what I ate/my activity because it's a weird thing to get used to.

I have lost weight too fast in the past and ended up gaining a lot back as a result. I wanted to do it right this time, so I'm going very slowly. The first 30 days I maintained my weight and in the next 30 days I lost 2 lbs.

SO yeah super slow, but I think I'm learning more about what I need to eat/how much activity I need to do to stay healthy while losing weight so I don't ever gain it back again.
  • nurabh94
    nurabh94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So glad you’re enjoying it!! I think that’s the most important thing apart from challenging yourself is to make sure you are able to have fun along the way! Feel free to add- I’m 9 days into MFP and lost about 3lbs using it, but three weeks into my proper weight loss journey. Cheering you on keep it up 🎉🎉
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    First week hurts!. I've worked more at the nutrition in the last few years, so that's been easier than expected. However, I was not prepared for how little work I can do. Easy, simple workouts are killing me.

It's funny though, even with the soreness I already feel better.

Just keep going, right?
  • Ryften
    Ryften Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2, but am pleased with my decisions. I have a very long road, but happy with the first few steps. Keep at it, sir. Way to go on your first week.

-Ryf
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's great man. Definitely right about the journey having its ups and downs but just try to stay consistent and keep your head up and you'll reach any goal you have!