Protein Balls

Options
MzGrinch9250
MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
This recipe was posted by a member at my local Curves.

4 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
6 Tbsp. Agave
4 Tbsp. Coconut
4 Tbsp. Almonds or your favorite nut (I toasted mine on the stove and used sliced)
1 cup Protein Powder

Mix all ingredients together and when well mixed, shape into 1" balls. Chill and enjoy.

The recipe said it made 30 balls, however, I made 22 of them. I think 30 would've been really small.
The calorie count is 2 per serving and 122 calories. They were delicious and to me tasted like a pb cookie.

Replies

• lovestobaketoo
    lovestobaketoo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump

Ditto that!
  • Bump
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! thanks for sharing!
  • gmann1973
    Options
    bump
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?
  • Nic0522
    Options
    I was trying to think of what to do with my protein powder, I have to force myself to drink shakes! Thanks for sharing!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?

Took me a while to figure that out, too. Basically, when you "bump" an article, it shows up as the main topic under a category on the "Community" page until someone else opens a topic or replies to one.
  • acoleman3
    Options
    Definitely need to try this. Thanks for sharing!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    interesting! Thanks :)
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.

For info, I plugged this into MFP's recipe calculator (I swapped out Agave for Honey by the way as I've never heard of Agave in the UK but it seemed to shoot the carb rating through the roof) and got the below per serving nutrition info:

Cals - 141
    Carbs - 12g
    Fat - 7g
    Sat Fat - 2g
    Protein - 9g
    Sodium - 55mg

Had to guess the cup to scoop ratio of protein powder as about 3 scoops per cup though as it's all listed as scoops on MFP.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I checked the nutrition on MFP's recipe calculator and based on the ingredients I used I got:
    122 Calories
    10 Carbs
    4 Fat
    8 Protein

You might want to see if you can order Agave on line. I use it in tea and oatmeal. As for the scoops of protein powder, I scooped it into a measuring cup and it was almost 3 scoops for a cup.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!

I have bought something similar from Holland and Barratt (health food shop) but as good as they are it's all processed so these sounds great! I'll give them a go. I'll probably have to use honey as well.
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump

BTW - bump adds the thread to your My Topics list so you can find it easier, as well as keeping it closer to the top of the community recent posts page.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Will have to try these!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I love Almond Butter but my new favorite is Sunflower Seed Butter, gonna try it with that - yum!

:drinker:

Ice