Looking for a support system in my journey of weightloss

Options
I am 39 yrs old and have struggled with my weight for a long time. Things got bad in 1994 when I jumped 4 pant sizes in a month with no apparent reason. Needless to say in 2000 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I am married and we have an adoptive son who is 9. I am trying to lose the weight and get healthier for myself and my family. I want to be active with my kiddo.

I need support to help me with accountability, sharing ideas, etc.

Message me if u want to become weight loss buddies.

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on joining this site. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am very supportive and need support as well.:smile:
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me as well!!
  • erszike48
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! I have incredible information through being an Herbalife distributor. The key to weight loss is enough PROTEIN, which depends on your weight, age, etc., but it's safe to say to go for 100 grams of protein a day. WATER: drink HALF your body weight in ounces each day. I used to be a size 22, am now a 16, and going for a 12! Any questions, feel free to ask!
  • ezranch208
    ezranch208 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to a very supportive place! Feel free to add me. It's great having this group of friends to help keep us motivated. Have a great day!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. One of my good friends has PCOS. Definitely a difficult condition to work around, but not impossible! She was able to lose over 100 lbs! Best wishes to you and please stay encouraged! All of MFP is here to help you. :)
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • DodyFae
    Options
    I could use some motivation also - please feel free to add me and we can keep each other accountable. I'm trying to eat healthier also for my kids and myself. Good Luck with your weight loss.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Everyone needs support and motivation. I'm here for you. =)
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, i have found lots of wonderful supportive people here. I also have PCOS so know how much of a struggle the weight can be but slowly i am getting there. I have sent you a friend request thingy
  • lilygirl2010
    lilygirl2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I need a weight loss buddy also, I turned over a new leaf after the labor day weekend. I am 43 years and two years ago I gained another 20 pounds pushing me to 200. I hate wearing XL and 16 - 18 size pants. I want my size 12's back. I am also walking in a Breast Cancer walk in May 2012 for a distance of 39.3 miles, so i have to get my butt off the recliner chair.
  • cscrivner2010
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I recently joined as well and you can add me as a friend.