new to this and having a bad day!! anyone up for friends?

Options
Not new to the weight loss battle, but trying MFP for the first time - actually any group thing with communication about dieting for the first time................It is emotional accepting to start climbing that hill ( mountain.....) so I think I am now coming off the "lets this get this done, yes I can do it" high.......into a funk. Hubby is currently unemployed so I guess that stress is not helping...........Guess I would love some friends on the same journey - so anyone up for some support - I am good at that! - and I would sure appreciate yours.

Replies

• StarlaDesiree
    StarlaDesiree Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just try to remind yourself how much better you will feel after dropping the weight and getting healthy. You can do this. Stick with it. Best of luck to you, and to your husband in finding a job.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    feel free to add me! I totally get the "funk." The Success Stories board is super uplifting for me, and I also shake the funk by getting out and walking. Or maybe turn on some good music, shut the bedroom door and shake your tail feather all by yourself! Never underestimate the power of silliness! Keep up the good fight!
  • janp114
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to this as well. Would love to have someone to motivate me and I can motivate you. Let me know. My name is Janet and I live in Maryland.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP is the first step, congrats on doing that. It's a journey for all of us but we're on it together...

feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello! MFP has some pretty awesome people on here for support. Please add me! I think I've finally found what will work here on MFP and I've been battleing the bulge for a looong time! I too am an emotional/stress/boredom eater and am sloooooowly changing those habits (it's tough). If you need someone to talk to feel free to vent!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could post some short term goals and when you would like to achieve them. Instead of looking at the daunting task ahead (at least for me 70lbs), it makes goals more achievable they are more in the short term. I don't know if it helps you, but it helps me to be focused on my first mini goal and once you achieve that it will make every thing else seem much more possible. You can add me as a friend :)
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been here consistently for one week so I know the feeling!! This place has been amazing for me and keeping me accountable!! Good luck!!
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad you're here! MFP is a great source. I can relate to the stress of job loss and the effect it can have on you weight/health. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am new to the program too this is my first full week and I have lost 3 lbs. That is better than I had hoped for so just stick with it and you to will feel better too. I am a mother of 3 and work part time so I know all about stress i have been a stress eater for the past 15 yrs and there are many times just within this last wk i wanted to go to the store and get some chocolate. Hang in there it will all be worth it in the end!!!!!:smile:
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Fairly new and trying to build a strong support system myself. :wink:
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I totally get the "funk." The Success Stories board is super uplifting for me, and I also shake the funk by getting out and walking. Or maybe turn on some good music, shut the bedroom door and shake your tail feather all by yourself! Never underestimate the power of silliness! Keep up the good fight!

hey there fellow tall lady! as you can imagine it is hard to find tall ladies so whenever i see one i have to speak!

Now for the original poster, try not eating and walking/jogging instead! when you go out and do that hard work, you walk into the house and feel like no i will not waste my workout on JUNK!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)