Starting AGAIN and worried I'll fail

Options
For months now, I have been saying I need to lose weight. I am the heaviest I have ever been and completely disgusted with how I look. It's to the point where I am embarassed to go anywhere. I don't know why I have been focused to lose weight. I guess I am worried to fail at it. I seem to crave sweets all the time which leads me to continue to eat unhealthy. I also am embarassed to work out because I am so out of breathe 2 minutes into it.

I recently became engaged and REFUSE to get married looking like this. The wedding will be June 2, 2012 so I have a little less than 9 months to get 40 pounds off. I need to get a good 20 pounds off before I even look at wedding dresses. I need to lose the weight for both myself and my fiance. He knows I hate how I look and it is taking a toll on us.

I worry about how hard this first week will be and the fact that I will probably be starving. I could use the support!

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't...you're right! If you go into it thinking that you'll fail, then you will. If you go into it determined then you'll succeed.
  • chelle083
    Options
    BELIEVE in yourself !! :happy:
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you eat the amount of calories you need in a day you will not be hungry at all. Eating fruits and veggies fill you up more than a candy bar will because of the fiber. Also, drinking lots of water will def help. I hated water, now my body seems to crave it! You are going to do great!! Picture yourself looking beautiful on your wedding day and it will happen!
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I feel your pain! I hate the way I look also and I'm getting married October 6, 2012 so it's crunch time! Don't worry about failing! You will succeed, you are a human being and you are going to have good days and bad days. Your going to make mistakes, the point is your trying & please don't get to the point where your starving or feel like your starving, replace all processed food with healthy food and water, you'll feel great in no time and ready to kick butt!! Good luck girl, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It sometimes takes getting to your lowest point before you can see what you really want to do. I never put alot of effort into losing weight and when I started here in Feb, I was digusted with what I had done to myself. Now, 41lbs later.... I am a completely new person and I'm only half way to my goal.

Don't come into this worrying about failure. You have to have your mind set and you have to have patience. IF you can stick with it, you will have success.

Best of luck!
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know this from quitting smoking - every time you try you will get better at it, don't look on failure as an prediction of the future, look on it as an opportunity to be better at it the next time. You do not even need to consciously understand; you will remember what strategies worked best and incorporate them in. Good Luck!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I'm starting again too, and I am 100% we can do this! I lost 15lbs, almost made it to my goal of 20lbs, and now I've gained it all back and then some! I'm disappointed and not looking forward to doing it again, but I'm not going to give up. At least you have something incredible to work towards! Just stay focused on your wedding and how amazing you are going to look in that gown. And just think how happy you'll be in 20 years when you look back at the wedding photos and remember how hard you worked to look that gorgeous. Every time you are faced with temptation, think of the look on your husband's face when he sees you in a hot little bikini on your honeymoon. And don't forget, you aren't in this alone! There are so many of us in the same boat. We won't fail this time! Good luck!!
  • siulung
    Options
    Your focus determines your reality. - Qui-Gon Jinn (A shout out to my geeks! :smile: )

If you focus on how bad you currently feel, or how bad you think you look, that will only make you feel bad things. Rather think about how good you will feel to be successful. How great you will feel if you take off the weight you want (OR MORE) by your wedding day! I only wish that I had found this site 9 months before I got married. This is your opportunity and you need to make the proper decisions to seize it!

If you think sweets are your "downfall" there are some good alternatives out there. My wife and I love the "Skinny Cow" Ice cream treats. Only 130 calories or so and taste great. They serve their purpose to make sure we curb any cravings. If you like salty snacks, try "Pop Chips" or Quaker Mini Crisps. There are some great choices out there and I don't miss anything that I used to eat, because I always felt so crappy. I would have stomach pains that kept me up at night, it was only because I was eating junk.

Now I've gone back to Martial Arts for the first time in years. I played one of the best baseball tournaments I've played in years, INJURY FREE!! That is my focus! To keep going, and get better results!!!

Do something you love!!! Something that makes you sweat, breathe hard, and maybe takes you a little out of your comfort zone! (Go ahead and put your mind in the gutter on that one! :smile: )

If what I wrote is useful, AWESOME! If not . . . . the world didn't end, and I'm not offended. :smile:
  • allyfry
    allyfry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For me it helps to not focus on all the times I've failed, but be proud of myself that I'm trying. I celebrate every day I make the time to exercise or every time I turn away extra food I don't need. It's the negativity and the beating myself up for bad choices that makes me eat more. So I try to put everything in a positive light. A growling stomach and sore muscles are just your fat cells complaining because they are wasting away :-)

Take it one day at a time, focus on enjoying the process and that you are getting healthier each day. Being upset will only make things worse.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    For months now, I have been saying I need to lose weight. I am the heaviest I have ever been and completely disgusted with how I look. It's to the point where I am embarassed to go anywhere. I don't know why I have been focused to lose weight. I guess I am worried to fail at it. I seem to crave sweets all the time which leads me to continue to eat unhealthy. I also am embarassed to work out because I am so out of breathe 2 minutes into it.

I recently became engaged and REFUSE to get married looking like this. The wedding will be June 2, 2012 so I have a little less than 9 months to get 40 pounds off. I need to get a good 20 pounds off before I even look at wedding dresses. I need to lose the weight for both myself and my fiance. He knows I hate how I look and it is taking a toll on us.

I worry about how hard this first week will be and the fact that I will probably be starving. I could use the support!
    You gotta like yourself unconditionally first and foremost. Whether or not you reach your goal, if you're fighting yourself on a daily basis, it will eventually consume you and from a male point of view, if a female is ALWAYS complaining about not being good enough, it get to be really irritating. Like you first. The rest comes easy after that.