Body positive weight loss buddies

Options
Hey guys! I am using MFP for what seems like the millionth time in probably ten years. I have a long history of going too far into diet culture or binge eating. I’ve had two babies (3, and 1 years old) and with my first I lost the baby weight twice before prednisone made me regain and then pregnancy. I am trying to lose weight and get healthy while being mindful of my mental health. I want to treat my body with love rather than punishing it. I recently started running even though I have joked my whole life about only running if being chased by an axe murderer and I am secretly loving it which is a big change. I would love to meet some other folks who are in this for whole human health (body, mind, spirit) not just a number on the scale or jean size.

Replies

• planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Got to make the human machine work as well as possible! Adding you.
  • Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have lost weight in the past by hating myself thin. It's no way to live so now I am trying to be healthy and happy and lose weight while being nice to myself about it!
  • sarara521
    sarara521 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some positive buddies! I struggle quite a bit with the body positivity part. I feel kinda stuck because exercising and making healthy tasty meals and all of that is good self-care and losing weight will absolutely help with my self-image and mental health, but I'm in a low place right now so the motivation to do those things is hard to come by. I am known for being sweet and kind and patient with pretty much everyone but I certainly don't extend those benefits to myself! I have extremely hurtful self-talk going through my head most of the time and maybe focusing on the positive will help.

One day at a time...
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This also feels like my millionth time in 10 years starting again! I am glad to see there are some body-positive folks here that are approaching weight loss/healthy eating holistically.

I get the struggle between healthy meals and tasty meals. I struggle so much with between emotional eating/saying eff it and actively choosing to eat healthy meals. I know the difference and still often choose an unhealthy choice.

Long story long, I'm totally down for some body-positive friends! I'll add you :smile:
  • sirjamerie
    sirjamerie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd love some more body positive friends! In fact, "this time" I started I finally felt like I had accepted the weight and the way I looked. I was totally okay with it. I still knew it wasn't too healthy soooo one day the switch happened. Please feel free to add me!
  • planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll say this about my mother--she gave me hell in a lot of different ways, but she never once inculcated any bad attitude about food or eating or body image. The only time I ever heard her mention weight was when she'd occasionally say, "No dessert for me--my pants don't fit!"