Cedar Point - Plus Size Woman

donaldson_whitney
donaldson_whitney Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2020 in Chit-Chat
As I type this, I'm weighing in at 233 lbs. I'm 5'7" and my measurements are 45" chest, 39" natural waist, 47" waist at belt line, and 48.5" hips. I can currently wear size 16 jeans. I'm not really sure of my specific body shape. My natural waist goes in quite a bit, and, while my chest is bigger, it's not by a ton, so maybe pear?

Anyway, my husband and I have been dying to go to Cedar Point for the past 2 years, but haven't had time. We still aren't sure with all this COVID stuff going on if it is even possible to go this year, but, if it is, we are looking at the beginning of October.

The last time we went was back in 2017. I can't remember my exact weight, but I'm guessing I was around 270 lbs. I fit on all the rides we tried (except TTD). We didn't have time to try MF or Wicked Twister, which I hear are not accommodating for larger guests anyway and I knew I was way over what the site suggests (200 lbs and size 18 for women).

Obviously I weigh less now, & I'm honestly hoping to be around 210 by the time we go. I know that's still over the recommended, but it's pretty dang close. My whole point for this post is more specifically to ask about Millenium Force and Steel Vengeance. I am REALLY wanting to ride those 2 coasters specifically because we didn't even try MF last time and SV is new.

Anybody around my current size (or my goal size because I'm going to try extremely hard to reach that) have any issues with those? I'm going either way, and I know they have test seats, but I guess I just want to calm my nerves and I keep freaking out about a walk of shame even though I know I've lost weight.

I appreciate any help!

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    My height is similar to yours and I've ridden any coaster/ride I wanted to at 225 and now at 210. You shouldn't have any issues. If my 6'4" 300lb husband can fit in those coaster seats, you should have no problem. It's a tight fit for him because of his chest and height, but the weight restrictions have never prevented him from riding any steel or wooden coasters (and we're coaster enthusiasts!).

For reference, my measurements currently are and have been for a long time: 41 - 38 - 48.5

If my giant *kitten* hips and gut can fit in those seats at my height/weight, you should be fine. If it worries you too much, you can always call up the park and ask them questions about the height/weight restrictions and they *should* be able to tell you what they are.

Just.. don't let your anxiety over not being able to ride keep you from going and experiencing it. <3