Over 150 lbs to go!!!

Options
...taking a deep breath. I got a lot to lose but I need to drop 20-30lbs as soon as possible.

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Any specific reason for the rush to lose 20-30 more lbs?
  • elenilala
    elenilala Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes. My knees are hurting. I recently gained about 20 lbs over the last few months and I really feel the difference.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    elenilala wrote: »
    Yes. My knees are hurting. I recently gained about 20 lbs over the last few months and I really feel the difference.

Healthy weight loss is 2 lbs a week. If you plan to try to lose more then that a week please contact a doctor for advice and monitoring.

Use MFP to calculate your calories, weigh and log everything you eat. If you do exercise log that separate and eat back those calories.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    dk7gg0crex7w.png
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry about the big goal just yet, set small goals that way each time you reach one you'll have that accomplishment to help drive you. Take it one day at a time and you'll get there!
    Seems hard and sometimes impossible but as long as you're consistent you can accomplish anything.
    I started with 165 lbs I wanted to lose at 350lbs an now 215lbs with about 30 more to go
  • elenilala
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice. I would be the happiest person if I could lose 2 lbs per week. I set my calorie goal for that but my past experience is that I lose very slow. I hope that I can find a good balance that I can keep long term.
  • elenilala
    Options
    Thank you larryc251 and congratulations on your success
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you larryc251 and congratulations on your success

Thank you!
    Thank you both for the advice. I would be the happiest person if I could lose 2 lbs per week. I set my calorie goal for that but my past experience is that I lose very slow. I hope that I can find a good balance that I can keep long term.

Slow and steady is the way to go. But don't go by what the scale says all the time. Take pictures and measurements to track progress weekly also. Some weeks the scale won't hardly budge but often times you lose inches instead