gaining instead of losing πŸ˜•πŸ˜©πŸ˜₯

glowingirls
glowingirls Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2020 in Chit-Chat
omg is it only me that get frustrated when you step on the scale and find out you actually gained weight ... uhhh i try so hard to be healthy ... so this week i was 62.2kg then lost 0.2kg (62kg) was happy and motivated then lost 0.1 (61.9kg) next day still happy .. at least i lost some :) ... gained it back next day (62kg)πŸ˜” ... then i lost 0.3kg (61.7kg) the next 🀩🀩omg lost more then usual yayyy ... guess what gained 0.2 kg today (61.9kg) ... but i'm gonna say yesterday i eat more then usal but like 200 more calories then usual like 1450 calories .... i dont knwo why but i gain or dont lose weight when i eat 1400 or 1300 calories but lose up to 0.4 kg a day when i eat 1100 or 1200 calories ... and it's what 100 or 200 calories more ... omg i cant with my body ...... so i'm 167cm was 68kg now 62kg so i lost over 6kg in 1.5 monthes when the 1200 diet .... my gole weight is 58 or 57kg .. i'm scared that when i start eating 1800 calories to meintaght my 58 kg weight i will gain weight .... anyone who was on the 1200 calories diet for more then a month did you gain weight after you starting eating normally ???

Replies

• strobingturtles
    strobingturtles Posts: 1 Member
    I stared here cause I want from 185lbs to 150lbs then to 190lbs when I ate normally again, my diet was fairly extreme, I did mostly 1000 calories for every day of the week and even had fasting days, I dropped weight quickly but the send I started eating the way I used to my weight skyrocketed. I feel like how you lose weight mostly controls this, if you lose weight by hardly eating or cutting out all carbs then the pounds will come rushing back as soon as the diet ends. If you lose weight slowly witha healthy diet then youll have nothing to worry about, also experiment with calorie intake, of you start gaining back try taking a few calories off each day and find out what's right for you.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Depending on your height and weight and activity level will determine your calorie range. You need to be consistent for a month to see if your weight is going up or down. Put your info into a calories calculator or use mfp for setting calorie intake and then record progress over a month. Your weight will fluctuate day to day.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    d92t2etopr0y.jpg
    1vdozjyucp2u.png
    xnujasp2dls3.jpg
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    If I could kick my bad chocolate and junk food habit I’d be solid on losing weight!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Stop looking at the scales so often.. Day-2-day is too much.
  • PlentyofProtein00

I weigh daily. And track it. But more for long term understanding of my body. And gauging long term results
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Some of us have to. I could have no basic understanding of how NON-LINEAR weight loss is and would have already thrown in the towel had I not weighed in daily and recorded it in a tracking app. Is it frustrating as *kitten*? You betcha. Am I still here even though I weigh daily and progress is INCREMENTALLY SLOW? Yep.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Weight fluctuations are normal especially when you are close to goal. Why are you in such a rush, 6kg in less than two months with your stats is a recipe for muscle loss. What is your goal? To be a smaller version of yourself with less muscle or to have a leaner more defined look when you get to goal.

If it's the latter I would start to increase calories now, fuel yourself, make sure you are getting enough protein and lift.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    So many things cause daily weight fluctuations. Get a trending app so it will show you the weightloss trend and simply use daily weigh-ins to understand your body instead of your fat loss.
  • glowingirls
    @sardelsa i dont have problems with my muscle in fact i can bild them in less then a month ( i know crazy right ).... my genece make me gain muscle super fast but have a hard time losing it .... and the more i lose weight the more defined they look .... that's why i lose weight pretty fast compared to others without exercising or even walking ... you may think i'm kidding cause men take them more then 5 months to build muscle ... but my father's side of family and my siblings all have a lot of muscle mass without even trying ... maybe we have too much testosterone or something but whatever is in my genece it is working in my favor
  • sardelsa
    Ok well that is still not a healthy rate of loss and it's not good for your health and sustainability. Many people that lose too fast rebound and gain it back and more.

I'd love to see a picture of all this muscle if you don't mind
  • PlentyofProtein00
    @sardelsa i dont have problems with my muscle in fact i can bild them in less then a month ( i know crazy right ).... my genece make me gain muscle super fast but have a hard time losing it .... and the more i lose weight the more defined they look .... that's why i lose weight pretty fast compared to others without exercising or even walking ... you may think i'm kidding cause men take them more then 5 months to build muscle ... but my father's side of family and my siblings all have a lot of muscle mass without even trying ... maybe we have too much testosterone or something but whatever is in my genece it is working in my favor

So what exactly is the issue? Lol. If you lose weight fast I'm confused? Sounds like you should be good on those 1800 cal! πŸ˜„enjoy!
  • glowingirls
    i don't know actually ......... just cz i got used to eating low cals maybe my body won't like it when i add 700 calories then usual and make me gain the weight back .... and for my health i think it's still good ... i don't feel tired or anything my period still regular my heartbeat is not slow ( when u eat too lowe cals ur body will start slowing down which may cause hypothyroid and that will cause slow heart beat , constipation and absent menstrual cycle ) belivet or not my father is a doctor of metabolic disorder (diabetes 1,2 hypothyroid and hyperthyroid , insulin resistance ....) but he doesn't know how much i'm losing or that i'm trying to lose weight but he say that i eat good so i'm sure he will tell me if i don't look okay
  • sardelsa
    Ok but just because you feel fine doesn't mean it won't catch up with you later on. Please take care of your body.

And I would love to see a photo of your progress and muscle physique, I am struggling to put on muscle so I'd love to get some inspiration. :)
  • glowingirls
    @sardelsa i don't think the photo will motivate u cause i still have some work... what i mean of getting toned is i see the 11 line in my abs and visible muscle in arms without building them so not straight up a 6 pack but i'm sure i can get a 6 pack in one month .... i will maybe show you after i lose those last 5 kg and maybe start working out