NSV -- the office

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
At my office, every Monday morning (or Tuesday after holiday) someone brings in some kind of fattening baked good. Cookies, donuts, pie, cake, etc. I absolutely must go into the office kitchen to heat up water for my green tea and get a big cup of ice for my water -- so there's no avoiding the temptation. But I've been strong... in 8 months, I've had exactly ONE donut hole. (this wasn't the NSV -- just the preamble)

This morning, I was walking towards the kitchen, and sure enough I saw something white on the counter. I thought "Oh... powdered donuts. I don't like those, no problem." As I got closer, I saw it was NOT donuts. It was a veggie tray with ranch dressing/dip. What I had thought was powdered donuts, was cauliflower. I'M RUBBING OFF ON THEM!!! Had some yummy carrots to snack on while my tea heated up. What a nice start to a rainy Tuesday.

Replies

• IvySummers
    Options
    That's great!. I know exactly what you mean. I work on a pediatric inpatient floor, and it seems like someone is always bringing in something sinful. Someone's birthday or leftover cupcakes from a party....chips, donuts, yummy bagels from the local bakery!...ugh. It's tough being good at work. I bring enough food and snacks to last the entire 10 hour shift and I've learned to say, "No, Thanks". It's not easy. After a while, my co-workers get it and they either don't offer or don't tell me what they've brought in. I wish they'd just bring in healthy snacks like yours.

That is a perfect way to start your week! Keep it up!

Ivy
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!