Insane appetite increase, need suggestions badly.

Options
Hi,

I’ve been working out about 4-5x a week woth weights with one hour per session. I’m trying to lose body fat. I’ve been taking simple supplements like fish oil, apple cider vinegar, protein shakes from optimum nutrition (whey), I just recently stopped taking creatine, I don’t know why but the water weight made me feel like i was gaining too much weight and I know that this is normal. I dropped it down in less than two days. I’ve been eating really healthy, not super 0% fat but have been balancing my macros as much as I can minus less carbs and 0 sugar. I can almost out eat my guys most of the times for some reason, I am just never full. It fills me up, but never hits the spot. I’ve tried different types of foods, like yogurt and healthy substitutes like acai bowls, in between for snacks, etc. my appetite is just beyond right now. I’ve noticed I haven’t been gaining weight, but more inflamed feel I guess because of sore muscles which isn’t unusual. I do have rest days, my cheat meals aren’t super bad. I do work 5x a week, and am active. If you guys have suggestions, how to control the appetite.. please comment below. 🙏 thank you!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose, and how many calories a day are you eating?
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    How much weight are you trying to lose, and how many calories a day are you eating?

I’m good with bw, maybe an extra 6-10lbs but not more. I’m focused on bf % right now to decrease the fat on the stomach area and back. I’m not lifting light, I’m trying to increase muscle mass as well.
  • harper16
    Options
    imxnianne wrote: »

I’m good with bw, maybe an extra 6-10lbs but not more. I’m focused on bf % right now to decrease the fat on the stomach area and back. I’m not lifting light, I’m trying to increase muscle mass as well.

With how little you are wanting to lose healthy weight loss is .5 lbs a week. How many calories are you eating?
  • imxnianne
    Options

With how little you are wanting to lose healthy weight loss is .5 lbs a week. How many calories are you eating?

At the rate, I’m up 3000 calories daily. My calorie defect is 1200, I need to adjust it since that was from my old goal. Trying to find small snacks with protein in them. Been having more steaks and eggs (like 7 egg omelette lol)

I even sometimes lose control of the calories now with some days.
  • harper16
    Options

At the rate, I’m up 3000 calories daily. My calorie defect is 1200, I need to adjust it since that was from my old goal. Trying to find small snacks with protein in them. Been having more steaks and eggs (like 7 egg omelette lol)

I'm not understanding how your calorie deficit is 1200 calories a day. A healthy deficit for .5 lbs a week is 250 calories a day deficit.
  • imxnianne
    Options

I'm not understanding how your calorie deficit is 1200 calories a day. A healthy deficit for .5 lbs a week is 250 calories a day deficit.

Correct, I do need to adjust my profile again with its goals.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What does your general macro breakdown look like in grams? How long have you been in a deficit? What are your stats and approximate bodyfat %?
  • imxnianne
    Options
    32g for fat, 89g for protein? I’m 128lbs, 166cm, Bf is at 21.4%. Muscle mass approx 36% and age 32. Lol
    I’ve been around deficit since I started using mfp and took a year break. Just got back into trying either recomposition, cutting or try for bodybuilding physique. I’m still confused, and learning. I think I’m looking into wanting to recomp since I’ve read it gives more strength as well as losing body fat. I’m no professional on this topic, but am trying to get there.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    For fellow spectator number nerds...

CALORIES: 3,000
    FATS: 288 (32 g) or 10.0%
    PROTEIN: 356 (89 g) or 11.5%
    CARBS: 2,356 (589 g) or 78.5%

...continue on 🍿...
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Your fat macro is really low. I would definitely increase it to at least 0.4g per lb minimum. Not sure why you have it so low that could definitely be your problem and why you are struggling. Oh also your protein is on the lower side as well. I would aim for 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight in your case.

Also you are at a healthy weight so hunger can be an issue especially as you get leaner. What is your goal? If you are 21% you are pretty lean, but it also depends how you are measuring it as scales can be inaccurate.

I do understand it can be confusing, lots of information out there. I think you need to take a step back and really think about your goals and focus on that goal. How do you feel about your body composition and current muscle base.

If you want to lose weight, reveal/maintain muscle, lower your bodyfat, get lighter than you can aim for a small deficit (0.5lb per week).
    If you feel like you don't have enough muscle to reveal and are happy with your weight but want to tighten up in places and grow in others, recomp is a good solution (although quite slow) so you would maintain over time.

If you do decide to cut down and then get too lean and still aren't happy, you can bulk and eat in a surplus to grow. Again you might not need to go that route unless you have more advanced bodybuilding goals.

I am not OP but this is really helpful for me.