So discouraged! Weight loss Plateau!

amills1142092
amills1142092 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a female, 5'9 160 lbs. I have been working out for about 6 years now. I have a background in mainly cardio with some weight lifting but for the past year I have been doing mainly strength and resistance training. 6 years ago I went on a restrictive diet including bulimia and went down in weight to 125 lbs which was not safe for my height. I gained that weight back but have not been able to lose my current weight. I look semi lean but I have a layer of fat that will not go away. I eat and calculate on MFP at 1600 cals a day. But I'm not losing or gaining. I dont want to go hungry everyday but it seems whatever I do that extra fat won't budge. I am beyond discouraged, not sure why I work my butt off and eat healthy to not be losing fat and toning up. This might be called a platuea but I cannot seem to push past it! Please help!! Thank you!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    How long have you been at your plateau?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    How long have you been at this weight? How accurately do you track your calories in? Food scale much?
  • carson2014
    carson2014 Posts: 1 Member
    For like a year. I lost a few lbs but have maintained for a year now. I cant seem to get below 160 or lose fat. I weigh my food and count calories but maybe not as accurate as a should. But I'm pretty consistent at it.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    carson2014 wrote: »
    For like a year. I lost a few lbs but have maintained for a year now. I cant seem to get below 160 or lose fat. I weigh my food and count calories but maybe not as accurate as a should. But I'm pretty consistent at it.

If you have been maintaining for year you haven't plateaued, you are maintaining your weight. Have you recalculated your calories to make sure you are still in a calorie deficit?

How much more weight are you trying to lose?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited June 2020
    carson2014 wrote: »

My guess is this is your answer. You admit to lack of accuracy but then say you are consistent. Put your stats in to MFP, to lose .5-1 pound per week: and see what calorie goal you get. Eat around that area, consistently, using a food scale for all solids/semi-solids. Take control of what & how much you eat. Follow that for 6-8 weeks. Compare your weight now to your weight after 4 weeks and again after 8 weeks.

Accuracy and consistency will get you there.