How to cut weight and not gain it back right away??

Options
Plz if anyone knows how to cut weight and lose fat... so Everytime i ruck and train i lose like 1-2lbs so im losing like 2-3 lbs a week, After my workouts i eat and i eat really good following my deficit plan but it seems like i just gain the weight back up. I tried eating less daily like 2 times a day idk if that is a reason im gaining. i just Would like some help on how to keep the weight down that i just burned off. Sorry if this is confusing i need help if anyone knows how to cut weight.

Replies

• Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing everything correctly then are you sure it’s not just water weight from working out? Do you weigh weekly as well? Are you dropping over all?
  • usmcnas
    usmcnas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Hanibanani2020 yeah i was thinking it could be water. I drink almost a gallon a day probably. I weigh myself every morning and off bad habit i do it before my night shower and get dissapointed. This week i dropped from 200- 193.4 my lowest! Now its back to 200 i swear after i eat 1 meal i bounce back
  • usmcnas
    Options
    I literally ran/hiked 60 miles this week and at my lowest weight in about 2 or 3 days i was at 193. After my hikes I weighed in 2 + pounds lighter then i eat and maintain my deficit and it goes up them 2 pounds. Next day i wake up and im a little heavier im guessing from water weight. I just want to see my weight going down everytime it goes up i get unmotivated
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a water issue. When you workout you sweat, and lose water weight. When you drink, you put back the water your body needs, but that means the weight comes back. If you don't drink enough, your body will hold on to water to use to repair muscles and keep your body functioning. It can be frustrating, but you need to ignore the water fluctuations and focus on your calories in, calories out. Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? Are you in a deficit? Give it several weeks and see whether the weight trend is downward. Don't weigh yourself in the evening. It's pointless. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom and before you eat or drink anything.
  • usmcnas
    Options
    @spiriteagle99 thank you for that. I assumed that was part of the issue i just need to hear it from someone other then myself sometimes. Now im thinking if I continue working out in the morning weighing before anything, eat a nice breakfast that matches my meal plan, then go on a ruck drink lots of water and workout some more, then finish my last meal maybe a snack to bring me just right to my deficit plan then go again next morning that water weight and food that’s finished digesting will be gone and ill keep losing weight. I understand now. Ive really been careful logging everything tracking my calories and etc. its probably my mental
  • usmcnas
    Options
    @cmriverside yeah ive done that beginner plan a few months ago i just recently lost 25 pounds and now im on the last part of my journey just hopping over the wall to getting lean. Ive had a good plan with my deficit and i just recently upped my workout plan tremendously. Now this is new to me losing the last of my baby fat. I’ll definitely weigh in only in the morning and not get discouraged because i cant want progress right away. So ill try and expect a weekly positive progression rate. Thank you!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Even if you eat perfectly, your weight will fluctuate. That's why you need to look at the long term results, not just the daily results. Some foods take longer to digest and may sit in your stomach longer. Some are heavier and some may just be flushed right out. What matters is the calorie count, not how long they take to move through your system. Some have more salt or more carbs, so may cause you to retain water. That's why it is important to look at the trend over time, not just daily.
  • usmcnas
    Options
    @spiriteagle99 thank you ive realized that now!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    usmcnas wrote: »
    @cmriverside yeah ive done that beginner plan a few months ago i just recently lost 25 pounds and now im on the last part of my journey just hopping over the wall to getting lean. Ive had a good plan with my deficit and i just recently upped my workout plan tremendously. Now this is new to me losing the last of my baby fat. I’ll definitely weigh in only in the morning and not get discouraged because i cant want progress right away. So ill try and expect a weekly positive progression rate. Thank you!

So it's been a while since you updated your Goals?

Calorie needs change with weight loss.

Are you down to the last 15-20 pounds? If so, set it to "Lose 1/2 pound per week." Make sure your weight is correct in Goals. Set your Activity Level to the most accurate level and let that cover your daily work only. If are doing extra workouts above and beyond your work, then add them into the Exercise tab and eat more on those days.

Use a food scale.

Weigh yourself once in the morning.

Use the weight-trending app.
  • usmcnas
    Options
    @cmriverside ah thank you very much. Ive Updated my goals again to my set weight now. I just have to weigh in the morning and keep playing the waiting game for that progress
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The leaner you are, the more you'll have water weight fluctuations as a percentage of your body weight has been my experience and what I've heard from others. There is a tendency to get what people call squishy fat.
  • mickstar_2003
    mickstar_2003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi dont get caught up on scale weigjt, that can fluctuate all the time. If your trying to lose weight take measurements of your body parts and go by this.