Leaving Weight Watchers

Options
I made the decision to leave WW after loosing 25 lbs. I am not really learning anything new with the meetings and I've decided to take the wheel for the rest of my journey. So nervous but so excited!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    exactly what I did, meetings get stale after a while dont they, I so prefer this site

good luck

Stu
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good decision. I don't like the fact that weight watchers now says you can have all the fruit you want. Friut is definitely not bad for you, but you can't eat all you want and expect to lose weight!! I love this site b/c you can basically follow any diet you want....calories, low carb, low fat, whatever.....and this place is free too!!! I have been so much more successful here than WW!! Good luck!!
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey AM,

I left Weight Watchers myself. As I started going to the meetings , (for a year and haft), lost 26pds. Got a new job and crazy hours so switch online. Was messing around my phone and found myfitness. Must say just like the Online site, so left that to save money. I am not regretting my decison love myfitness!!! Welcome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • giovannagardea
    Options
    You might look into a TOPS support group. It stands for taking pounds off sensibly. I belong to one and the support is awesome. Good luck! You can google them.

:smile:
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    I used to do weight watchers a few years ago and I was successful until I found out I had a thyroid problem now I've got my thyroid under control and you'll find MFP is similar in that you have to keep a diary but the choices of foods you eat is up to you and you'll know if you are not doing it right. Good Luck
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was doing WW online, but once I found this site I stopped using it. I like to see my actual calories/fat/fiber/carb and so on counts rather than just the points. I think it prepares you for better success when you are on your own and don't have points. Good luck!! :)
  • amwhite0526
    amwhite0526 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Loving all the support and encouragement so far! Thank you all for your kind words. So glad I am making the switch! :)
  • carolmmd
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member of WW having joined and rejoined numerous times over the last 20+ years. I need something to keep me accountable and I couldn't stand the thought of going to meetings again. So far, 1 week in, I am really liking MFP. You can friend me if you like. I can use all the support I can get.!
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used weight watchers the first time around and lost the weight. Gained it back plus some and went back a second time when i found MFP. Left the second time and is more successful now and feel like i have found the place i am supposed to be. I love MFP and most of all my friends they are very inspirational and can be counted on at any time all the time.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also did the waight wachers years ago and was very successful, but have tryed it a cupple times and also cerves, but i just pay my money and end up not going and it is to easy to just put it off by saying I'll do better next time. My sister-in law told me about this site and I am loving it so far. I have lost 6 pounds so far but have much more to go. I like that I can type in what I eat and it is counted up and charted for me. I can look at it and see right where i need to make an ajustment or whatever. I wish you the best !
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good decision. I don't like the fact that weight watchers now says you can have all the fruit you want. Friut is definitely not bad for you, but you can't eat all you want and expect to lose weight!! I love this site b/c you can basically follow any diet you want....calories, low carb, low fat, whatever.....and this place is free too!!! I have been so much more successful here than WW!! Good luck!!

I totally agree about the fruit!! For kicks i entered in 100 bananas in the database, and it said ZERO points!! Yeah, right!!
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am brand new to MPF. I am just trying it out actually. I am on an old, old WW plan (on my own) since January and lost about 60 lbs so far. I am still about 20 lbs from goal but I would like to check out calorie counting. I feel that WW is not detailed enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I want to look deeper than calories and fat.
    Any suggestions on how to deal with going over/staying under goal on different components? I am not talking calories but sodium, iron, etc. I am very low on sodium for example (about 1/2) does that mean I should look into bumping it up?

I also am not sure what the whole friends network here means? I mean if I add a friend can they just see what I log?
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck!! I too am a former WW lifetime member. It's hard to live by WW because when life gets busy meetings don't always fit in your schedule. I LOVE this site. I feel it provides a great level of support for FREE. I love that you can follow any diet and you can track your porgress.

Welcome!!!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to right site to keep you motivated and it is full of knowledge. Good luck in your journey! I am also a weight watcher who is about to give up the meetings since I am able to constantly get help and support from mfp I feel I can do it with the tools, friends, and help I received and will continue to receive. feel free to add me......
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm also a former WW member. I actually reached my goal weight on WW once but then gained it back when I got busy with school and wasn't following my diet as closely. Then I did the online thing because I was mostly embarassed to go back to the meetings after gaining my weight back, and I didn't really have the time for the meetings. Then I found MFP, which is free, and decided to drop my WW online membership. It came at a good time, because I had been thinking more and more that I wanted to focus on healthy eating, rather than just low point eating. Not that you can't eat healthy on weight watchers, but there really isn't that focus on ratios of fat to carbs to protein and what not. And I find that many of the MFP members are eating more healthy whole foods than were many of the WW members. So, anyway, welcome to MFP. Hope you like it. Friend request if you like.

Lori
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    MFP is way better than WW, IMO! Good luck to you!