Best shoes for high-impact aerobics/Zumba?

Options
Hi friends,

Before you tell me to Google this, please know that I'm just trying to reach out and get some different opinions. Since my shoe budget is pretty limited, what would you say are the best shoes to go with for pretty much any aerobic exercise? I do a lot of circuit training at the gym, along with Zumba and TurboFire, so I know my running shoes won't cut it for that. But I can't afford to have a pair of Zumba shoes, Turbo Fire shoes, running shoes, AND circuit training shoes. That's just ridic.

What are everyone's favorites that won't break the bank? I'm a chick, obviously, but guys can weigh in as well. Thanks!!

Replies

• cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    great question! I have no answer, but would love to see what others have to say! :wink:
  • KimM93000
    KimM93000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great question too! I also have no answer, but will be watching this thread for suggestions. ;-)
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ritas
    ritas Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My answer for you is that everyone is different and so you should find a shoe that works for YOU. It should have good support not only for the sole of your foot (good for whatever arch you may or may not have) but also for your whole foot. I like to wear a semi high top because of all the side to side moves, I was rolling over my shoe and even completely went down once. Also make sure it is not too wide for your foot.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Nike 609 New Balance Cross Trainers, they used to be around $70 bucks but you can get them now for around $30...... There comfortable and very versatile..... Great shoe for the price :)
  • awynboom
    Options
    I wear Reebok SimplyTone. They have a nice sole for Zumba because there is a circular pattern to the treads. It helps with pivoting when doing the steps and turns. I keep these just for Zumba and don't wear them outdoors, always change before going into class. I had mine now for about a year and their still in good shape. I bought them on sale at Kohl's, probably paid around $50. Alice W.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I found some New Balance cross trainers for Turbo Fire (and I bet they'd be good for Zumba). They have a lot of support and padding, and very little tread which makes them great for "pivoting" (HUGE difference than with my old trail running shoes). They were only $40 I think, on sale at Sports Authority. I also have wide feet and so it was great that they come in wide. They are as ugly as hell though but since I'm just in my basement...

http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-wx623-white

So $40 cross trainers and maybe some $50 running shoes?
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524892681728&amp;pfx=pfx_shopcompare&amp;cid=shopping3&amp;mr:trackingCode=692D26F7-2E14-E011-AD70-001517B188A2&amp;mr:referralID=NA

I bought these, just because they have very little tread on them. I use them to Zumba all the time. I just checked the bottom of every shoe when I went to the store until I found one that was fairly slick.
  • tinamwilson
    Options
    For ZUMBA you want dance shoes and cross trainers and running shoes can cause your ankles to hurt in Zumba.
    I purchased Nike Mystique's online for $30.00 - check out EBAY too. FYI - I do Zumba twice a week.