Ate at Mcdonalds

Options
I had lunch and supper at Mcdonalds on Friday. Please dont flame me, sometimes with a time crunch and few places to choose from where I live, mcd's is the only quick option. Had a cheeseburger once and a filet o fish. Wanted a salad but cant eat salad and drive. Needlesss to say, after not eating fast food for 3 weeks, it was positively DISGUSTING!!!! Glad thats not part of my weekly diet anymore! Gotta find something on their menu though that i can eat quick and drive thats at least somewhat healthy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I had lunch and supper at Mcdonalds on Friday. Please dont flame me, sometimes with a time crunch and few places to choose from where I live, mcd's is the only quick option. Had a cheeseburger once and a filet o fish. Wanted a salad but cant eat salad and drive. Needlesss to say, after not eating fast food for 3 weeks, it was positively DISGUSTING!!!! Glad thats not part of my weekly diet anymore! Gotta find something on their menu though that i can eat quick and drive thats at least somewhat healthy. Any suggestions?

make your lunch the night before.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I usually have a side salad, but since that isn't a "road option," I'll sometimes have a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and cheese. It'll do in a pinch.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken snack wrap's are good. I get them grilled with no sauce and add half of one of their sweet chili sauces... 270 for the wrap minus the sauce and 15 for the sweet chili sauce... Not bad and actually kind of filling for a snack wrap. (oh and I ask for extra lettuce cause they are kind of skimpy on it)

Good luck... I found that it doesn't taste as good as it used to. :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I started to carry around protein bars and power bars. Their just isn't a lot of fast food options like that.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had that same issue a couple weeks ago. We went paintballing and were in the middle of nowhere, but somehow there was a McDonalds there. I decided to have their Premium Grilled Chicken sandwich, it has bacon and sauce, and even with those I think it was 460 calories. However, if you take them off, I think it's somewhere around 300 calories and obviously healthier without those fats. I really wish there were some better options out there sometimes but I just try to stick with lean meats if I have to do it.
  • DanL66712
    Options
    Check this article, about 3/4 of the way down, it shows you how many calories, % wise, of your daily calorie allowance things like McDonalds take up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14786547
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    I call that a NSV, realizing how disgusting McDonalds is, especially twice in one day. BTW, the filet o fish is probably the worst choice on the menu. Grilled chicken sando would be far better. Also, do you have a Subway nearby? Not as quick, I know, but leaps and bounds better than Mickey D's, and you can eat while you drive.
  • tmacs
    tmacs Posts: 60
    Options
    Their grilled chicken snack wrap's are good. I get them grilled with no sauce and add half of one of their sweet chili sauces... 270 for the wrap minus the sauce and 15 for the sweet chili sauce... Not bad and actually kind of filling for a snack wrap. (oh and I ask for extra lettuce cause they are kind of skimpy on it)

Grilled chicken snack wraps!
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    They're side salads are actually very good. Romaine, not iceberg, and with cherry tomatoes. You can ask to sub that with fries. You can also request fries with no salt to cut the sodium a bit. Get a grilled chicken sandwich(not the club and hold they mayo)? Just one McDouble? The chicken tenders are NOT a healthy option compared to what people might think. Umm, that's all I got that's NOT about "just get a salad"
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    can you eat their grilled chicken sandwiches? withou mayo though
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If making your lunch the night before isn't an option as the gentleman before me suggested, I would stick to a grilled chicken sandwich, no cheese, mayo, bacon or stuff like that. That is usually what I have when I need to get fast food.

Good luck...and just keep making healthy choices as often as you can. Your body already is getting used to them and that in and of itself is something to be proud of!
  • roberthickis
    roberthickis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling. Fit a little cooler in the saddlebag and pack your lunch and snacks. Find a place in the shade and chow. Ride safe.
  • destiny637
    Options
    They have a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat roll. Get no mayo. Still better to make your lunch and take it with you, but if u can't, research your best options -- knowledge is key!!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    they have a decent chicken snack wrap you can get grilled. just ask for no sauce (if you're picky about that) or no cheese.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Their oatmeal is actually really good!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I can't eat there anymore, I get the mcgurrgles. What other places are nearby? Wendys had half size salads that are decent in calories and nutrition, sonic salads are pretty good too. If you insist on mcdonalds do some kind of grilled chicken with no condiments or bring your own light condiments from home to use.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm with bringing your own food. You can make yourself a tasty sandwich that will have better nutritional value than McD's...it's definitely worth it. Or go to a grocery store and check out their deli selections
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the chicken nugget kids meal with the apple dippers w/caramel dipping sauce instead of fries and a diet soda. You can check on mcdonalds.com and look under nutrition and see how many calories everything is. You can do this with most fast food chains. I always check the calorie content of fast food options before ordering.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat McDonald's anymore. It makes me sick most of the time, because I just don't eat fatty food anymore. However, when I have to have it, I try to go for something small. I will get a small fries and a small cheeseburger (or a kid's meal if I feel like I want a drink). I also try to drink A LOT of water, because they load that stuff up with tons of sodium.

Why not stash some healthier versions of granola bars, trail mix, or healthy snacks in your car to eat at stop lights? However, it is safer if you can find time to sit and eat your meal, even if that means pulling into a nearby parking lot for 15 min. If you bring something from home, all you would have to do is whip it out of your cooler. No extra time going through the drive thru would be needed.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be McDonalds?

Wendy's small chili and a 5piece is pretty tasty and about as healthy as you're going to get on the fly from a chain fast food place.