time for change

Options
rcjreid3
rcjreid3 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Have you every walked past a shop window and glanced sideways and though that can't be me and then realise it’s time to be honest with yourself that’s what size 20 looks like. When I got married 19 years ago I was a size 10/12 and over the last ten years my weight has yoyoed but when it’s gone back up after an initial drop it’s soul destoying, and you by a couple of clothing items one size up for while you lose the weight and before you know it your whole wardrobe is a whole size up. For years I’ve kid myself I am fit and do a lot of exercise, that be those gym memberships not used, or the spin bike and mini home gym you set up at the start of lockdown, that half marathon you did but if your honest with yourself you jogged/walked it and were one of the last to finish.
So what did that sideways glance do for me? it gave me a reality check. I’m 47 ½, I weight 17stone 10lbs and wear a size 20 clothing and I am not fit or exercise regularly.
It’s my 20th wedding anniversary in 13 months and I would like to lose 5.3 stone and be a size 10/12 by then, I want to run a half marathon. So today my weight lose/healthier lifestyle starts, I have downloaded the couch to 5k program and will use my home gym and will have I can do this attitude. I know there will be days I want to give up and that’s why I have joined this community (something I have never done before) to hopefully get help with motivation and help those when I can.

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The MFP community is fab. There’s always an encouraging post to read. And lots of recipes etc 😁
    The couch to 5k programme is good. I have done it in the past and decided that Sarah Millican was the best voice on it!
    Treat each day as a fresh start and enjoy your journey.
    😁💪🏼🌈
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Love the positivity!
  • rcjreid3
    rcjreid3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome; I'm got do my best to stay positive, I was talking to my mum earlier and she said it was good that I'd given myself a fighting chance by not trying to achieve my goal in 3 months! Setting unrealistic targets has been my thing in the past. I'm also looking forward to staying the couch to 5k.