Today is my C25K day...and it's raining. What do?

Options
It's pretty rainy here, and today is my C25K day (W1D3.) I really don't want to skip it...what did everyone else do? Just do it indoors?

Replies

• WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Run in the rain!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Go for it... you will not melt!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Just wear your older running shoes
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    If it's not lightening and thundering I run in the rain, it's actually kind of nice because it keeps you cooler.

If you have access to an indoor track or a treadmill then use that as an option. I rarely skip a workout for any reason so I'd just find a way to do it, everything else is just an excuse.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i love going out walking/running in the rain it's great!! try it :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Haha...it's raining, cold, and the sidewalks get slippery. Suppose I should have said. I have a distinct lack of balance.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Run in the rain!

There is no such thing as bad weather, just weak people.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    running in the rain is fun as long as there is no lightning.
    :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    running in the rain is fun as long as there is no lightning.
    :)
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just go in the rain! I was hesitant the first time I ran into that problem too... it turned out to be one of my favorite runs. Something soothing about the rain... as long as it isn't a thunderstorm.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Monday morning, I packed up the kids (who seem to be attracted to anything muddy or wet), we slipped on our Dollar Tree rain ponchos and ran it out in the rain. You'll love it...maybe. Just make sure it's not like a tornado downpour or anything--wouldn't want to get sick. When you're done, dry off, pull on some comfy sweats, sip some hot tea and veg for the rest of the day. Better than the spa I think. Hahahahaha
  • crobinson53
    Options
    I ran last night in the monsoon. It wasn't raining when I left the house but a mile and a half out it opened up. Nighttime rain running is pretty fun!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    power-walk in the rain. still a good workout. or do you know anyone w/ a treadmill? that might work as well. or a free place in your town/city w/ an indoor track.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain is awesome, but C25K can be done indoors just fine. I just got done doing it on my treadmill. :)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    run in the rain
    or run on the spot
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about slipping in the rain (I totally could understand that) ... start out just walking! C25K is pretty light on the running in those first few weeks anyway. Just don't skip working out.
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I ran yesterday in the rain. It was AWESOME. Now, if the sidewalks are slippery, and you have poor coordination, just do it tomorrow....you may have no choice. I did day 2 a day early (today)....because I an about to work two back to back 12 hour night shifts tonight and tomorrow night...and to run between the two of them....uhhhh..no. :)
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K yesterday in the rain. Go for it!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The cold is a non-issue, you run, you are going to be plenty warm. If you have access to a treadmill or indoor track...by all means use that, I do all of mine on a treadmill.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did end up going out, I just took it slow. Unfortunately I only did 11 minutes because the rain started coming down harder and the sidewalks were REALLY slippery. But I did 35 minutes of cardio other than that, so I'm good :)