Help with settings on the default goals and advice

Trying to follow a programme to gain some muscle , basically bulk up, small frame skinny fat. Age 57, weight 10stone 8 67.2kg, height 5 7" = 170.18cm. Looking to increase my calories to approx 3000 a day, want to set my protein daily to approx 150g, day but not sure what to set fat and carbs to so any advice would be appreciated. Also when in the setting within goals you can change the setting to either g or % but dont understand when you change them it increases my calories higher, just cant get my head around the settings, any help appreciated

daveymoll

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2020
    Typical recommendations for good health are 0.6 - 1g of protein per lb of either your ideal body weight, or your lean body weight if you know that, and fat at at least 0.3g per lb. Beyond that is really personal preference, including your carb goal. Your best bet is finding a macro balance that balances your appetite, makes you feel good,and works easily with your food preferences.

I haven't tinkered with my goal in ages, so I'm not sure about your issue with your calories changing
  • daveymoll
    daveymoll Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Kimmy really appreciate the reply, ive set up the app on very similar info you have put weight 148lb so 150g protein . Been told approx 3,000 calories. Set fat to 45g, but what I have to do is alter change the the carb figure to 499g to keep the calorie figure correct, otherwise the goal calorie figure goes down to about 1,000. Have took a screen shot to explain. v75gfx0qlkhl.png
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2020
    daveymoll wrote: »
    Hi Kimmy really appreciate the reply, ive set up the app on very similar info you have put weight 148lb so 150g protein . Been told approx 3,000 calories. Set fat to 45g, but what I have to do is alter change the the carb figure to 499g to keep the calorie figure correct, otherwise the goal calorie figure goes down to about 1,000. Have took a screen shot to explain.

Ah ok. Well those suggestions are minimums. You can certainly eat more protein and fat than that if you don't want to set your carbs that high. Protein can be harder to increase in your diet so may be try increasing your fat goal a bit and then just start logging and seeing how the normal way you eat stacks up. Then tweak from there :smile:
  • daveymoll
    daveymoll Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the reply will give it a try
  • petethegaymer
    petethegaymer Posts: 9 Member
    Alternative option. Go to a TDEE calculator online, punch in your age, weight etc and it gives you calorie/macro options for cutting, maintenance and bulking