Quick, easy, & slow cooker

Options
hsh0927
hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
I'm a full-time student in a radiology program so I also have clinicals, some of which are out of town an hour away. I need some quick and easy recipes that I can make in a slow cooker so I can make it in the morning and have it ready when I get home at night. I would also LOVE if they didn't have a lot of ingredients...I'm a waitress on the weekends so I don't have a lot of money to spend on food :ohwell:
If you have the nutritional info as well, I'd greatly appreciate it but it's not required. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Check out crockpot365.com and the search function here for crockpot recipes. I got a ton of them from here and some did have nutritional info. I copy and pasted into a word file and printed them out.
    Good luck.
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We make chicken tacos in the crock Pot.

2-4 Frozen chicken breasts, 1 Medium jar of pace salsa.

4 hours high or 6 hours low.

Use a fork to shred it up, and serve on flour tortillas with lettuce reduced fat cheese.

easy to calculate calories, and Yummy!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Tons of recipes at this link: http://www.barkingspidertx.com/crockpotrecipes-1.zip

You have to download into Word - but there is search and sort and very easy to use.

Also, try crockpotgirls.com and crock pot girls on Facebook.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I bought a cookbook called Set it & Walk Away--Light (or something close to that)--Lots of recipes, some have more ingredients. Nice variety of recipes--Chicken Tortilla soup is really good. Good Luck!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Rootbeer pulled pork is super easy- Just a pork roast and a bottle of rootbeer (i use diet). Put them in the crock pot together and cook for 8 + hours. Remove the pork and pour out the juices. put the pork back in shred with a fork and add your favorite BBQ sauce. You can have it as sandwiches, or over rice w/ veg. It would make enough to have some leftovers for a few days or you can remove some of the pork and add different sauces for some different flavors.

Another easy favorite is Pepperoncini Beef- Take a beef roast and cut slits in the top. Fill the slits with some chopped or minced garlic. Rub the top with some dry italian dressing. Add a jar of sliced Pepperoncinis (with all the juice) and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Makes great sandwiches or can be eaten with a side of potato and veg. It is a little high on the sodium side.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Also, this website is always adding new ideas- http://crockpotgirls.com/ They are also on facebook. I have seen some interesting easy recipes and some good tips on it.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I bought a cookbook called Set it & Walk Away--Light (or something close to that)--Lots of recipes, some have more ingredients. Nice variety of recipes--Chicken Tortilla soup is really good. Good Luck!!!
    :flowerforyou:

I think it is Fix It and Forget It - Lightly

I have it - pretty good cookbook - although some of the recipes are a lot more complicated then I like for crockpot recipes.
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump