Exercise schedule.....

Options
Can I get votes for early morning exercise versus late afternoon...say 6 am versus 6 pm

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I know there are arguments for both. Just do what fits with your schedule...

Personally, 95% of the time, I get up at 5.30am to workout before work - purely because I know that after a day at work, I will be tired, grumpy and hungry and there will be a million excuses not to work out...

Having said that...today is one of the 5% days...I pressed snooze this morning, couldn't cope with the Monday madness - so I will be forcing myself to get into the groove and strap on those running shoes this evening!! (Boo!!)

Like I say...what works for you! :happy: Good luck!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person!!
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    after i get in from work/evenings
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I workout before work, I also work midnights, when I worked days, I tried to go before work because after work I didn't feel like going, but as another poster said you have to do what works best for you.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Morning, before work. Eventually you get used to waking up and, for me, I never lack for reasons to glue my *kitten* to the couch in the evenings.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I find there are benefits to both but evening workouts are what works for me! I have the most energy on the evenings, always have. Just find whatever works for you. Maybe both?
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Morning is best for me - generally don't have enough steam by evening time.
  • demonNIИ
    Options
    On my weekdays off I prefer to workout before 11am. I work days and on those days only have the option of exercising after work around 6pm and love how I feel after my 6pm workouts
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much all afternoons/evenings because my work day starts at 6:00 AM and I get up at 4:30 just to get ready and head to work ... so unless I wanted to get up at 3:00 AM, a morning workout just won't cut it for me. And, like Shelby said, I tend to have more energy in the evenings.
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    I just do whatever fits into my day honestly :). I love working out around noon.
    But if I have something planned that day such as a family day or college, then I will work out in the morning or late afternoon.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    6pm for me - I am a morning person in general but I simply do not have a spare hour every morning so it's easier for me to fit in a work-out in the evening..
  • Thanks everybody... So far I have always tried to work out evenings... But I just wish I could get myself in the rhythm of waking up early to work out.. At least it feels it would interfere less with life..
  • kated930
    Options
    I hit the gym at 5 am before work and it really sets the tone for the day. After work, I am so happy to have time to unwind/relax and just hang out.

That being said, I do love the random sun set runs that I do when I don't make it for a morning work out!
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do mornings too. I'm not a morning person, but I find if I get up and get it done before I'm properly awake I can get it done before my exercise-phobic brain can stop me *lol* I do Jillian (30DS and RI30) though so it only takes half an hour, but it's an intense workout and makes you really feel like you've achieved something, and when you get home you can slob all you like :oD
  • laurad1406
    Options
    Thanks everybody... So far I have always tried to work out evenings... But I just wish I could get myself in the rhythm of waking up early to work out.. At least it feels it would interfere less with life..

this is me too....I work out after work, but I'd love to get myself into the habit of working out in the mornings....I try to be strict with my workout routine, but a friend calls and asks if we want to meet up for dinner/drink etc, sometimes I find it hard to say "sorry I have to work out" :ohwell:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have WAY more energy any other time of the day than 6am, but sadly 6am is the only time I can consistently get a workout in. Try both. See what works for you. I do like having it done and over worth by 7am though.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am a morning exerciser. It took a while to get my body into the pattern of waking up and working out. But I am far more refreshed and ready for a good workout when I first wake up than after a long day at work.
    it is much easier for me to find excuses at the end of the day, and miss the workouts completely too.
  • CCGwald
    CCGwald Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to do three days a week of each. So I have a contingency plan if something comes up. Also just to mix it up a bit. In the morning it is typically alone, which I generally prefer. While in the evening it is usually with others, which provides some extra motivation.
    Find whatever works for you, but don’t be afraid to try something new. Good Luck