Exercise and what is this weird feeling

Options
mc62412
mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
I will say...when it comes down to exercise, some days I’m all for it and theres no second guessing it. Other days it’s push me I’m coming. And some days it’s like exercise ? No I’m good. Lol.

I discovered yoga, which I thought was way easier then it looked. Not the case lol. I’ve tried 2 different yoga videos I saw on you tube. I’ve done a few different videos here or there.

Some of the stuff in the floor though, laying on your back ( crunches and what not ) I feel...idk how to describe it. I guess I would say it’s in my lower back like your laying on your waist band. And it’s a little painful. I’ve moved my bottoms either higher up or lower down and I still feel it.

Has anyone else experienced this ? If I’m doing a video and it’s got floor work outs in it, I skip that part, cause it’s not a comfortable feeling. I can’t put my finger on what it is !

Anyways, the other week I did my AT LEAST 30 mins of exercise a week all week. But then I went on vacation for work, I didn’t go anywhere. Just caught up on some housework and binged TV. No exercise at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️ You’d think I’d do more cause I was off .... Well I didn’t lol.

I need to find ways to get in some exercise more often. Even if it’s just 5 days a week. I know I can do it cause I made it that week with out issue.

But back to my original reason for the post. And that feeling ... why 🙄 lol

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding yoga blocks to help modify/adapt your poses?
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Have you tried adding yoga blocks to help modify/adapt your poses?

No. I do what I can. If I can’t do the full Move I modify it.
    I’m more worried about how to get rid of that feeling when doing floor exercises.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Could be tightened muscles that aren’t used to being used. I do aerial yoga because I have nerve issues in my lumbar. Much easier on your lower back.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Personally I avoid most floor work due to structural issues in my lower back (an extra vertebrae, slight spina bifida, wonky discs)... it’s uncomfortable for me to lay flat on my back. Classical Stretch has many all-standing or barre workouts. They are tai chi based.