Accountability partner?

Hi! Trying to lose 15 - 20 Lbs. I walk my dog almost daily and use MapMyWalk. Also play some tennis and ride a stationary bike. I was a few Lbs over my usual weight a year ago when I had knee surgery and have put on another ten or so but it’s just not coming off. Morning exercise is the best time for me but some days I’m just not motivated like I used to be.

Replies

• nicswenson7
    nicswenson7 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey there! I am also looking to lose about that same amount of weight. I am active throughout the week, although I don’t have a dog I do force myself to go for walks. I also know the challenges of injury, during quarantine I broke my toe right as I was getting a running routine, then later bruised my tailbone (I am very accident prone lol) I am also looking for an accountability person especially related to keeping my eating on point. If you want to connect that would be awesome.
  • nicadee
    nicadee Posts: 28 Member
    Hi
    I've lost 8lbs in my first 4 weeks and have another 10 to go (ideally 15 but we'll see!). This next 10 is definitely going to be more of a challenge.
    Its great to have accountability partners to support and encourage each other.
    Feel free to add me.
    Nic 🙂
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    I’m also looking to shift about 20lbs more. I too use MapMyWalk and I wish I had a dog :smile: sadly I just have to walk myself.

If anyone wants to add me you are welcome. I try to comment on my friends posts and I’m also open to setting up regular check-ins if you have a specific goal. To do that friend me and send a message (after the friending - if you send a message with a friend request it disappears when the request is accepted which is not very helpful).
  • Vicky_1820
    Vicky_1820 Posts: 4 Member
    Have been trying to get in the workout grind this past week or so. Mom of two and finding myself packing on extra weight being home so much. My ultimate goal is 20 lbs. I am doing workouts off youtube, mostly from fitnessblender and just bought one of their workout programs. Need some friends to keep the motivation and momentum going!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Hi @liildee3 I'm looking for an accountability partner to challenge me to complete my diary daily, meet my goals and get into better shape. I'd like to help you if we are a good fit to help each other
  • liildee3
    liildee3 Posts: 2 Member
    Sure! I played tennis this morning and entered my breakfast and a snack. Howze it going for you?
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Working so far all morning. I've logged my meals for the day, but I had an extra mountain dew. I'm not sure about my workout tonight, but there will be something to burn some calories.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Hi! I’m looking to lose 20lbs (maybe a bit more but mostly concerned about fitting into my old summer clothes) and am also trying to maintain body positivity and adapt to a healthy eating habits. Sounds like you’ve got some healthy foundations! My dairy is public and I’m happy to discuss. Feel free to add me 🙂