C25K starting 6/10 Support Group

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hi, my name is Kim and :cry: I am a Week 5 dropout.

But, I am ready to get started again. Who's with me? Louder, I can't hear you!!!

WHO'S WITH ME???

Even if you've already started, post your feedback here!!!

Replies

• goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. It took me a couple of weeks at week 4 and just started week 5. Knowing my asthma with fall allergies I will be at this level for a couple of weeks.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'll play! I just re-started (for the 4th time :blushing: ). I just started Week 3 today. I'm doing a 5k on Thanksgiving and would really like to be able to jog the whole thing!
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I want in!!! I have a 5k on 9/24 and could use a group!!!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im starting week 4 tonite...a little nervous
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OHHHH!!! Week 5 was killer!!! Good luck with the turkey trot!!!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My Name is Alex and I'm a...wait wrong group. I'm a week 5 dropout as well. But since I just committed to doing the Warrior Dash in Minnesota and Colorado next year with mty sister I need to get going again. I'm thinking I'm going to start fresh since I know I can make it to that point and build my speed/confidence in the first few weeks.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 this week!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'll play too! I am a week 2 repeater and a week 3 drop-out.

Yay! Another Warrior dasher! I'm doing MN again next year too!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to give this a try again....
    I had started before than quit because of knee pain
    Love to give it a try again.....with the support I will succeed =)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My Name is Alex and I'm a...wait wrong group. I'm a week 5 dropout as well. But since I just committed to doing the Warrior Dash in Minnesota and Colorado next year with mty sister I need to get going again. I'm thinking I'm going to start fresh since I know I can make it to that point and build my speed/confidence in the first few weeks.

Alex, I am doing Warrior Dash in WI in September....great goals for next year!!!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Good luck, everyone. I finished C25k earlier this year and am on week 2 of Bridge to 10k. I've never been a runner, but this program really kept me motivated. I hope all of you stick with it. What a great sense of accomplishment you feel when you are able to complete the full 9 weeks.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Starting 9/12 - I'd love to post and be in on this too!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Alex, I am doing Warrior Dash in WI in September....great goals for next year!!!

Kim, Can you let me know if the WI Warrior Dash is a bit easier than the MN one? I was looking at the website and it looks like less hills.. I'm thinking about doing both next year.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Heather, I will let you know....I did the one in IL last year and it was much easier than MN...I think it was the ski slope that was horrible.

I am going for treatment of spider veins today...so, no exercise for 2 days....I will start on Friday...kind of bummed
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there?????

I start Week 4 tomorrow. How are YOU doing with C25k?

Anyone? Anyone??

Bueller?
  • nisijam5
    Options
  • bourgeoisk
    bourgeoisk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished Week 6 Day 1 and it felt so good! Only one more interval run and then it's all "long" runs until the end of the program. I've stayed with the program and have not repeated any days. I have a 5k in Disney World on October 1 and one here in Austin on October 9th. Really proud of myself for sticking this out!

I plan on moving on to Bridge to 10K as soon as I run my second 5k. Then I'm hoping to run a Turkey Trot 10k in Fort worth. Ultimately, I want to do a half next spring. We'll see how it goes!!