10lbs down 6 weeks later, great start πŸ™‚

Options
BigMamaLynsey
BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
I didnt think it would work losing what I did as I used to count my calories but I would estimate my lunch as I always have the same meal every day as I enjoy it. And for dinner I just put what I want to eat on my plate as I purposely skip breakfast so I can have more for dinner as i LOVE my pasta and potatoes so i know calories for dinner is likely to be pretty high πŸ˜… I have to admit I did attempt to lose weight without exercise as I hated it but I did lose 4lbs then it stalled for a couple of weeks, started dancing to my switch game called just Dance 2020 and its now falling off. I cannot stand a salad or purposely eating healthy as this makes me resort back to crap food, doing it my way like this I find I enjoy my food more and its filling me up. I'll do about an hours worth of dancing as its addictive and times flies! I will avoid burgers, chips, and chocolate, cakes etc as I know these are heavy in cals and I'm actually eating more veg lately enjoying adding alot of broccoli or green beans as I didnt before and I love it. This may not work for everyone and counting calories is definitely easier on keeping track but I thought I would try it my way as I just dont have the time to track my dinner calories at all with 4x kids to feed and a husband lol. Anyways I'm really happy it seems to he working for me and I'm proud of myself for sticking to it so far.

My dinners are usually, pasta and sausages, chicken sunday dinner, potato, bread and tuna egg salad, spaghetti bolognese, pie & mash with veg, omellette beans and toast. Chicken korma & naan bread. Thats usually a mix of what I have in the week. And they're not small plates either. It like breakfast and dinner rolled into one it's why I purposly skip breakfast as I can happily wait for dinner πŸ˜‚

Replies

• holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10lbs! Sounds like we've got pretty similar plans in place, I skip breakfast in favour of less rabbit-foody dinners as well :D
  • meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!!!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Well done I’m 3 weeks in and finding it hard that the weight isn’t shifting at all I log everything I have and weight it, where am I going wrong 😒 xx

Lynne, it's hard to answer that without knowing a bit more. Are you trying to lose a lot or a little? You are logging, but how many calories are you aiming for each day?

• charmmeth
    Options
    I have just checked and I am the same: 41 days and 10lb down. Really hope I can keep this going!
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    @lynnesmith2020 I have a good 5 stone to lose to get to a healthy weight (think that's around 80ish lbs) I still have a while to go yet, just keep looking for advice on here people are extremely helpful in here :) and thank you
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    @holly8312 glad to hear it's not just me lol, I can do broccoli and green beans and that's about It for veg πŸ˜‚
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    @charmmeth well done! And same here, I must have tried so many times but always resort back to eating more than i should. That's why I'm trying this another way to see if I can manage it. Fingers crossed I'll stick with this too!
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @holly8312 glad to hear it's not just me lol, I can do broccoli and green beans and that's about It for veg πŸ˜‚

I love veggies, just not crazy about salad. Mainly because I can't stand raw tomatoes and every salad seems to involve them somehow! Except Cobb or Caesar salad, they're delicious but definitely not low calorie.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @BigMamaLynsey Well done for finding a form of exercise you don't hate, that's a real victory that will help you massively on your journey.

I personally am from the school of thought that it doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you stick to the same calorie allowance over the day, so if eating more at dinner makes you happier than having breakfast, you go for it. Whatever works for you, works for you.

You're doing great so far, go you. :)
  • charmmeth
    Options
    @charmmeth well done! And same here, I must have tried so many times but always resort back to eating more than i should. That's why I'm trying this another way to see if I can manage it. Fingers crossed I'll stick with this too!

I was at my goal weight in 2015-16, but I have put it all back on again. Really hoping that this time I can find a way not only to get it off and keep it off. I like veggies, but my husband and I also really like wine. Eating two meals each day may help to balance that!

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast just sounds like another form of intermittent fasting - and some folks swear by that. I need a bunch of small meals myself, or do better that way anyway, but some people love IF.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!