Weight loss

Options
Hey guys! Can you all tell me how much weight you lost and in how much time? Please mention your heights too. This will really motivate me and I will be forever grateful!

Replies

• meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I'm 5ft5 and I've gone from 208lbs in August of last year to 167lbs now (and aiming for 150lbs).
    I'm not aiming for quick losses, slow and steady wins the race and is less likely to result in yoyo-ing back up afterwards.

That is very nice! Can you tell me what you do, the workout, eating schedule, calories? etc
  • meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Female, 30, 5’4”. I lost 100 pounds over about 17 months, and I’ve been keeping it off for about 8 months.

Amazing! What do you do to keep it off?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I'm 5ft5 and I've gone from 208lbs in August of last year to 167lbs now (and aiming for 150lbs).
    I'm not aiming for quick losses, slow and steady wins the race and is less likely to result in yoyo-ing back up afterwards.

That is very nice! Can you tell me what you do, the workout, eating schedule, calories? etc

I don't really think my eating schedule is very relevant, that's a matter of personel preference. I prefer a small breakfast (or none at all), a normal lunch and dinner and then leaving myself a few hundred calories for one or two snacks in the evening.
    As for calories, my calorie goal is 1550 at the moment (it started higher of course, as a larger body needs more calories) but I also eat back my exercise calories. So on average I'm eating 1800 calories a day. I've always just followed the calorie goal MFP has given me, for a weight loss rate of 0.5lbs per week.

I get around 12000-15000 steps a day on average and I work out 2 or 3 times a week (but exercise in itself is not necessary, it just allows me to eat more while still losing weight at the desired rate).
  • jasdebi2012
    jasdebi2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1.76m and 111kg here. I have lost at least 30 kg (66lbs) in the last ~2 years. Although that is very difficult to say for sure as I was not monitoring myself and I was not very watchful throughout this period. So before I must have been going up/down really slowly. The true change in dieting happened ~3 months ago, when I started counting exactly the calories I take. The last 2 weeks I monitor myself I have lost ~2.5 kg.

My eating schedule is that there is no "schedule". I have a "strict" upper limit on calories (not restrictive, I feel full almost all the time). Studies have shown that eating 1 time per day or 6 times per day resulted to the ~ same weight loss for the same calories. Having many small meals then worked for me because I could really eat when I felt the need to. Eating all the calories in one sitting and then effectively been tossing the coin to see if I will feel hungry or not later is not very nice. I have a daily goal of 1600kcal right now which I do not allow myself to pass (neither do I have the "need" to). In those 1600kcal I am hunting to find nutrient-full options. I don't eat processed foods, I don't eat processed sweets. Everything I want to eat, I prefer making it myself to have full control over the portions (Why buy a whole pizza that is 1200kcal, when I can make my own with 500kcal?).
    I think if you add me as a friend you will be able to see my diary here. The first two weeks, when I started calorie-counting, I followed a carb-low diet to clean myself. I knew it was not sustainable and I had seen I was eating ~1200kcal per day (which is by no means advisable for a male), which I had asked for guidelines here for how to increase.

I do walking for exercise. I used the opportunity of the quarantine to take my 1hr out the house to walk (I tried to have a constant pace of 6kmph for 1 hour straight). If I returned home with less than 6km walking I was considering it a failure, and when I returned with more I was considering it a success. However in both cases calories were burnt. Now I can stay a little longer because the lockdown has been lifted. I used apps to count my burnt calories, and I always considered them to be over-estimating the calories by 100% (So if they said 200kcal I assumed it was 100kcal that I burnt and I could include more food for it)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I just recently lost about 15lbs from my third baby from 150-135lbs in about 5 months. I am 5'7". I have gained (on purpose) and lost (10-20lbs) many times over the past 6 years so I'm used to it by now.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Female, 30, 5’4”. I lost 100 pounds over about 17 months, and I’ve been keeping it off for about 8 months.

Amazing! What do you do to keep it off?

Mainly, I used the weight-loss period to really discover what kind of eating behaviors and activity I could do for the rest of my life. I didn't cut any food out, I just slowly introduced small changes (logging all my food, hitting a certain calorie target averaged over the week, drinking a certain amount of water each day, deciding what I will get at a restaurant before going there and logging it, etc) to find what made me the most happy within the parameters of eating at a calorie level that was right for weight loss (and now weight management).

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My losses have slowed down a lot lately but I'm 5'3", started at 245 on January 6 of this year and am about 193 right now. Kind of fluctuating between 193 and 191, with an eventual goal weight of somewhere around 130-140 lbs.

Strategy: Move more, including some weight lifting and swimming, eat more protein, limit carbs and starches where I can, reduce sugars, and reduce refined foods. Calorie goal around 1300-1600 per day.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Over 2 years and over 250 pounds. I am not sure how my height is relevant.

Good for you! Your height is relevant because if you are 6'4" you will probably be (and indeed should be) aiming for quite a different healthy/goal weight from if you are 4'6". (BMI is based on height.)
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0” and I’ve lost about 50 lbs. It took me about 6 months to lose that 50 lbs. I fell off the wagon for a bit and gained back about 10-15 lbs. Took me 2 months to lose that again and now I’m working toward losing an additional 10-15 lbs to reach my goal weight between 125-130.

Including the time I wasn’t tracking and actively focused on losing weight it’s been an little under 2 years since I started this journey. Weight loss is not the only way to track progress though. I also trained for and ran a half-marathon during that time I wasn’t focused on weight loss. And even though I wasn’t losing weight and even gained a bit I was improving my fitness.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 4 months, 190 to 160, seems like I always do it in 3-4 months but keeping it off is the problem. This time I am weighing every day so 20-30 lbs doesnt creep back on without me noticing it.
  • charmmeth
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I lost 30 lbs in 4 months, 190 to 160, seems like I always do it in 3-4 months but keeping it off is the problem. This time I am weighing every day so 20-30 lbs doesnt creep back on without me noticing it.

I so identify with this!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Over 2 years and over 250 pounds. I am not sure how my height is relevant.

Good for you! Your height is relevant because if you are 6'4" you will probably be (and indeed should be) aiming for quite a different healthy/goal weight from if you are 4'6". (BMI is based on height.)

It is not relevant to the OP though. Even if the OP were at the same height you can't just duplicate the specifics of what I have done and expect it to work. It took trial and error to learn how to manage myself.
  • jasdebi2012
    jasdebi2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is not relevant to the OP though. Even if the OP were at the same height you can't just duplicate the specifics of what I have done and expect it to work. It took trial and error to learn how to manage myself.

Obviously!
    For example, you mentioned "moderation" and giving in to your cravings because you can't tell "no" to yourself. For example, one should be in position to oppose and win over all the dark voices in their head. People shouldn't only aim for a healthy body, but for a healthy mind as well. Weight loss or lifestyle changes require you to gain control over your urges in one way or another.
    Also, to you it might work, but moderation does not apply to everyone (e.g. addicts or people who suffer from binge eating).
    So yes, the specifics are personal. BMI is not.
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Can you all tell me how much weight you lost and in how much time? Please mention your heights too. This will really motivate me and I will be forever grateful!

i am 4'11" and i have lost 35 lb in 21 weeks. usually 1 to 2 lb a week with a couple big ones close to 5 at the beginning. but more importantly to me is the measurements. scale don't always show what is really happening. although i do love seeing it go down.
  • charmmeth
    Options
    I guess I thought since the OP was asking for journeys the height would be relevant. My thinking is that I am 5'11" starting at overweight (just under obese) bmi and so my journey is not going to be very similar to someone who is starting at obese or to someone who is much smaller than me. My goal weight would be obese for people who are significantly smaller than me.