Looking for support as I lose 100 lbs

Options
My name is Cindy and I am the mom to two wonderful boys who are 13 and 12. I have been married to the love of my life for 14 1/2 years and we have been together for 21 years. I have an incurable blood condition where I make too many platelets and I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. I am looking to change my lifestyle to be there for my family for years to come and have heard really good reviews from others about MFP. Hope to have support along the way.

Replies

• wendygotthis
    wendygotthis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cindy! MFP is great! I was on this platform previously and it helped me return to a decent weight (almost 40 lb loss) weight after long term high dose steroid use (health issues), hip/back/knee injury and my third child. I stopped using it and gained 100lb 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m facing a few struggling with uncontrollable/emotional/binge/numbing eating. I also was dx with celiac and am GF. I Am confident that this platform will be helpful if you put in the work. I’m starting off my journey , again, and hope that we can both put the work in and stick to it. We are worth it. For more than just our loved ones, we are worthy of good health. 💕 all the best to you!
  • tc03636
    tc03636 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy, my name's Tracey 31 I've been married ten years and have a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old special needs son. I started recently too. I am looking to lose weight but I am also really focused on health and in particular the nutrients needed for an optimum me. One of those is how really bad gluten is for us all and of course more so for you. Since changing my diet at the end of May I've lost 20 lbs. I understand about wanting to take care of ourselves for our kids and show them how to be healthy. Kick butt, take names until you are the strong healthy woman you want to be. 😉
  • JK_BestLifeEver
    JK_BestLifeEver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MFP was recommended to me by health coach at my Insurance company. I had forgotten about it because I already have a login but really didn’t use it before. I am now counting my calories with a vengeance and eating plant-based as much as I can. No more chicken or beef for me. I will eat fish or tuna in a can. No white sugar or flour. And absolutely no processed foods.

I get on my treadmill every morning without fail for at least 20 minutes sometimes up to 35. Sometimes I just don’t feel like doing it but I know I have to and I don’t want to mess up my streak!! On those days I just do 20 and I’m done. It has now become an obsession and I get up early to get it done. It feels so awesome to be so in control! Because I have been so out of control for so long!!

I also got one of those Withing scales and weigh myself every Monday Since June 5 have lost 12 pounds. Goal is in one year I would like to have lost 100 But I will stretch it to 1 1/2 years to be more realistic. 😉. You really have to design a plan that is best for you and stick with it. Whatever works FOR YOU. You can do it!