• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Anyone know?

Highly suggest you get one!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    At every break I take my pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4.... At the end of the work out, I average the HR and use that. There is some variance, but your heart does not slow down that much in 15 seconds. But, make sure you do it at least every 15 minutes or so so that you have a good average.

I want one, but I cannot afford it at the moment but I do not let it slow me down. I have been taking patients pulses for a long time without a HRM and it has never failed me yet.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    +1 on getting a HRM, but roughly most resistance routines in P90X would burn around 350 - 550 cals, cardio - 400 - 700+ This is a VERY rough estimate, as everyone burns differently...

Good luck!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I very much agree with mackric. I think you can get one for around $30 that are decent from K-mart or Walmart.
  • clvdandj
    Options
    At every break I take my pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4.... At the end of the work out, I average the HR and use that. There is some variance, but your heart does not slow down that much in 15 seconds. But, make sure you do it at least every 15 minutes or so so that you have a good average.

I want one, but I cannot afford it at the moment but I do not let it slow me down. I have been taking patients pulses for a long time without a HRM and it has never failed me yet.

Thanks for the siggestion! thats what i will have to do! :)
  • clvdandj
    Options
    or suggestions as its properly spelled. lol. i type to fast for my own good
  • peluzuff
    peluzuff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also take my heart rate by hand and then use an online calculator to determine the calories burned. Its pretty consistent from one day to the next, so i just created a new exercise in my profile with the calories. That way i don't have to go through that effort each time ... its in the system for each of the P90X DVDs.