Quarantine hobbies

Replies

• Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I’ve planted over 700 mixed bulbs in the garden for spring (winter here). I’ve gone garden crazy. I’m also really into doctor who now.

Haha, we planted tulip bulbs one year, a whole mess of 'em. Not a one popped through. I think we planted them upside down. :(

Tulips can be tough as the ground needs to be below freezing for a certain amount of time or they won’t come up. I planted daffodils, forest bells, blue bells, rebunculus, freesias, gladiolias, crocus, anemone and hyacinth. I also got 100 unknowns given to me so we’ll see what they are. I’m excited.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    A little of my hobbies. I LOVE baking and decorating and the. Just finished my patio painting. Loving it!
    hbm86c52jkq1.jpeg
    imy5fajwm80z.jpeg
    kcnggq8zr3d3.jpeg

Your patio looks amazing. Great job! And the east, those looks spectacular too! 😊
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I have been gardening, taking walks, and working on my home projects. The gym recently opened up so I am going back now. I rarely watch tv but due to being home so much, I have been watching Hulu and Netflix.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    I've been finding outdoor activities to do. Hiking new trails, running at new parks, kayaking, camping...best summer I've had in a long while.

A bit jealous of u folks in the Northern Hemisphere right now!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I just ordered an adult coloring book + colored pencils 😁 🎨

What coloring book and what type of pencils? 😃

I finally finished a picture in Jess Volinski's "Colorful Creations, Positively Inspired," which I've had for a few years. It's a beautiful book with inspiring quotes, but I don't think I really enjoy coloring.

I have a set of Staedtler colored pencils, but I'm wondering if another type would be better.

6pvcu9e8ed0e.jpg
    Yeah, a little embarrassing...

• Hanibanani2020
    A lot of hiking with my buddy owl2zep8xcu9.jpeg
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    JustCallMeWhatever Posts: 125 Member

That looks like the back of a college I used to run back when I was a youngin'
  • Hanibanani2020

It’s a really lovely walk.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited July 2020
    Turns out I am pretty ok at masonry work. I wanted a backyard fire pit. I studied how to do it right, put my plans on paper and got to work. My husband helped me excavate, do cuts, and install the light poles but other than that, I did all the work. It’s not quite done but just about.

zywc75itz6ls.jpg
  • WNCRun
    WNCRun Posts: 153 Member
    I’ve become a Zoom Jedi...
  • JustCallMeWhatever
    JustCallMeWhatever Posts: 125 Member

It’s a really lovely walk.

Yeah. looks relaxing to me
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Just finished spinning this piece earlier this morning. Sentimental piece for sure. Out of cedar from a friend who got married recently.

Getting ready to ship it to her. 😁

sq0tdji7ya0a.jpg

0v7626rcngkd.jpg

0swodn21pps6.jpg

pmdzmd9r6igr.jpg

Ugh, your bowls and woodwork are always so beautiful! Very nice! Wish I had that talent (or the equipment to do it).
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Just finished spinning this piece earlier this morning. Sentimental piece for sure. Out of cedar from a friend who got married recently.

Getting ready to ship it to her. 😁

sq0tdji7ya0a.jpg

0v7626rcngkd.jpg

0swodn21pps6.jpg

pmdzmd9r6igr.jpg

Ugh, your bowls and woodwork are always so beautiful! Very nice! Wish I had that talent (or the equipment to do it).

Thanks! I think the same of your work. It's amazing! 😊
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Finished the stone fire pit patio. Here are some pics of the project.
    co2zprmo40de.jpeg
    wbk2dith2hb4.jpeg
    fn9dgb9r8ch4.jpeg
  • Covidcantstopme
    Covidcantstopme Posts: 9 Member
    Rise of Kingdoms moble game , working out , food , working out , sleep. 😂
  • Dancer0515
    Dancer0515 Posts: 69 Member
    Baking baking baking!! Too much baking!!
  • Dancer0515

My baking insta!!
  • Dancer0515
    Japanese cheesecake.. so fluffy and light..