Breakfast

Options
Hi Guys I’ve just started dieting/healthy eating and looking for high protein ideas for protein

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    scourfield wrote: »
    Hi Guys I’ve just started dieting/healthy eating and looking for high protein ideas for protein

meat, eggs, dairy
  • scourfield
    scourfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *breakfast
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many cals you want and how high is high protein.

I like to have a 2 egg omelet with vegetables in it, plus a bit of cottage cheese. I'm not that concerned about super high protein veg, so if I want more I tend to have berries with it, or half an avocado. I also sometimes have low fat cottage cheese or smoked salmon or plain greek yogurt (0 or 2%) on the side, all of which add more protein. You could also add more protein by adding egg whites, but I don't.

Remember also that there's no need to have stereotypical breakfast food.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, nonfat Greek yogurt, iced coffee with protein powder. Sometimes Kodiak cakes pancakes
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I have bags of frozen grilled chicken strips and turkey meatballs in the freezer. Just grab a helping and nuke it for a minute.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you dont already, learn to love greek yogurt. lots of protein and I find it very satiating. A cup keeps me full for several hours.

Of course there is also eggs. You can do smoothies too and throw in protein powder if you want something different.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie with a vegan protein powder, chia seeds, kale, blueberries and soy or almond milk every morning. Love it, super yum, super satisfying, and high in protein.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have chickpea vegan pancakes with a spoonful of vegan protein powder in the mix on lifting days. Delicious and packed with protein.
  • nikkigetsthinner
    nikkigetsthinner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like omelets with spinach. High protein and fulfilling.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My breakfast nearly every morning is plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and some type of berry. I mix up the protein powder flavor and type of berry to keep it interesting. My current favorite is Lemon Meringue Pie protein powder and raspberries. I usually hit 40-50 grams of protein, and keep calories around 300.

434l88lvzd8i.jpg
  • 10EsseeLove
    10EsseeLove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My breakfast most mornings is cooked oats with a scoop of protein powder, chia or flax seeds, frozen berries and a tablespoon of some kind of nut butter. Keeps me satisfied all morning!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has the lowest protein of my meals. I like to get in some carbs and fats to get me going.

Anyway, today's breakfast was a cup of strawberries, a cut banana, 1 oz walnuts, and 3/4 cup whole milk. We were out of oatmeal!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Eggs (1 egg plus egg whites) with toast and cottage cheese
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like to make a Kodiak pancake with an egg mixed in. Omelettes. Cottage cheese and fruit. I also make oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder mixed in.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    There's no law requiring you to eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast. Eat your favorite high-protein foods to get protein at breakfast.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is a biology experiment on yourself.
    May turn out all right.

But, Norwegien smoked salmon has 20% protein per calories. So you can get your whole day taken care of with a breakfast of eggs and salmon, smoked or poached.