Don't Judge😂.. These Salmon Patties are Great

Options
Don't judge this.. 😂😂... You have to like Canned Salmon to appreciate this meal.. Healthy Salmon Patties with okra and tomatoes over cauliflower rice.

The salmon patties are pure protein.. Two patties have 237 Calories and 37 grams of protein.

I mix two strained cans of salmon with 3 eggs..Salt and Pepper or Ms. Dash.. And I pan sear them with olive oil cooking spray... Mine made 8 patties.fnaiv7refjw2.jpeg

Replies

• DonnasJourney0805
    DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with canned salmon. I use them for burgers all the time. Great to have on hand along with tuna or sardines.
    I agree totally 😬
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love salmon patties. Bonus that they are protein loaded.
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'd eat them!
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No judgement. That patties look good.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Don't judge this.. 😂😂... You have to like Canned Salmon to appreciate this meal.. Healthy Salmon Patties with okra and tomatoes over cauliflower rice.

The salmon patties are pure protein.. Two patties have 237 Calories and 37 grams of protein.

I mix two strained cans of salmon with 3 eggs..Salt and Pepper or Ms. Dash.. And I pan sear them with olive oil cooking spray... Mine made 8 patties.fnaiv7refjw2.jpeg

Grew up on canned salmon. We were not rich enough to have salmon fillets.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I like canned salmon. Can eat it right out of the can. Also, try the packets in foil.
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Grew up on canned salmon. We were not rich
    enough to have salmon fillets.

Me too.....
  • DonnasJourney0805
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Just had some tinned salmon today. But there's also jerked Atlantic salmon thawing out in my fridge for Sunday.

There's a place for canned and fresh. My family (especially my grandmother who I love with all my heart) makes fun of the fact I love tinned sardines in water.

When they heard I started buying them in bulk from Amazon and I guess they realized I'm just really into it 🤷🏿‍♀️

Also, I'm afraid of fish bones 🤪 #childhoodtrauma

[Edit: does this recipe freeze well @DonnasJourney0805?]

I’m sure it would freeze.. I’ve never done it though..
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I love the canned salmon from Costco. It is the best tasting that I have found. Prefer it to tuna!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I love canned tuna, salmon, sardines. Thanks for the idea, @DonnasJourney0805 ! Something new to try. Usually i make salads. Canned sardines i mix with a little mustard, it adds a nice kick imo.
  • Judy2CA
    Judy2CA Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love salmon patties. Besides the salmon and egg I add a bit of lemon juice and a tbl or 2 of red curry paste. Top with a dab of chutney.
  • LinkedEmpire
    LinkedEmpire Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They look yummy 💪. I had the same thing last week for lunch for about 3 days as a burger.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    I love canned tuna, salmon, sardines. Thanks for the idea, @DonnasJourney0805 ! Something new to try. Usually i make salads. Canned sardines i mix with a little mustard, it adds a nice kick imo.

A girlfriend showed my a trick for a quick store cupboard dinner. She would fry up tinned sardines with the oil in the tin. Serve with lemon wedges and a grind of pepper.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    my favorite meal as a kid. My Mom would make these once a week, extra crispy....I ate them with ketchup and mustard
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Duly noted @just_Tomek! I will try all these suggestions in a meal prep session tomorrow (I'm thinking to use harissa) 🤤😋
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Making out my shopping list and adding a can of salmon to it. I used to buy salmon every week but it's so expensive that I stopped. :( My mom used to make salmon patties, salmon wiggle, and it was all good. NO judgement from me. :)
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    I always make mine with a bit of mashed potato, dill, and egg. Consequently, whenever we have leftover mashed potatoes, guess what's for dinner the next day lol. Its one of my favourite meals. But now I'll have to try making them without the potato and see how they hold up :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I usually make them with egg & a little crackers crumbs. Love them!