Getting Asked Out

Options
jamesdelong
jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
I'm usually the one doing it but as of late I've been noticing that more and more females are the ones doing the asking out.
I like that!

I'm not sure if it's my age or the different venues I've been going to or even if it's the fact I feel I have more confident now and maybe that's showing but either way I'm digging it.

Females - Do you feel okay asking a guy out too or would you rather them come to you?

Males - Do you have any problems with a straight forward person?

Curious minds like to know (me)
I still believe in chivalry and will be the one asking but I enjoy seeing how times change and that it works both ways.

Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't mind doing the asking, but it's always nice to be wanted by someone:)

In a non-creepy, I don't want to wear your skin kind of way.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't mind asking a guy out or even telling my boyfriend "hey want to go on a date" and I pay since I did the asking. I do have friends, who are my age, who all believe the guy who should do the asking and the paying but it all depends, in my opinion, on how shy a person is. If a guy is shy, then perhaps a female needs to take "charge."

Do I believe one is better or more acceptable, nope. Kindness should work both ways and if you like someone, why not?
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't like pursuing men. I'm shy I guess lol but with my bf now, I texted him outta the blue. Kinda weird lol.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It wouldn`t matter to me but the guy still needs to treat her right.
    Just because she asked doesn`t mean it is a green light to anything and if he likes her should be willing to be the one to ask for a second date.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    WEIRD... I just asked that question.... are you stalking me?? ;)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I prefer the that the guy does it but I wish I could get over my fear of rejection so I would have the cajones to do it myself. I hate to think that guys don't act on things because they may not know how interested I really am.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm old school. I like being asked out. I feel strange being the one to initiate, as if I'm taking his job away or something. I know times are changing, but I guess I don't always change with the times.... :blushing:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i'll strike up a conversation with anyone, so it's pretty usual for me to initiate contact whether in person or however... but... i like to wait for the guy to ask unless there just happens to be something amazing happening that i know they'll enjoy.

for example: i once met a guy at a bar while listening to a local cover band. we talked about music interests and what not, and when another band was coming through that i already knew, i mentioned it to him. that's like the only sort of situation where i'm ok with asking.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I would much more prefer a guy ask me out first, after that I would have no problem calling him to set up our next date!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I prefer direct--tactful, honest. Either sex.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't mind doing the asking, but it's always nice to be wanted by someone:)

In a non-creepy, I don't want to wear your skin kind of way.

ditto.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be asked.
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    I'm a traditional sort and old fashioned, I guess. I like to be pursued instead of me asking.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I prefer the that the guy does it but I wish I could get over my fear of rejection so I would have the cajones to do it myself. I hate to think that guys don't act on things because they may not know how interested I really am.

This. I'm SO shy around guys.
  • clew313
    Options
    My philosophy is the early bird gets the worm. If I see a man I'm interested in I will ask you know the standard questions "Are you married etc etc" But I'm not afraid to ask a guy out, plus I think men think you're more confident about yourself
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If its someone I don't plan on having a long term relationship with I don't mind asking them out but if were in it for the long haul then I prefer a man who has the guts to ask me
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I wont lie....it makes my day if a woman approaches me
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wont lie....it makes my day if a woman approaches me

I think that's the ticket... Being asked is always awesome.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    All my guy friends tell me that they like it when women approach them.

However, I'm still old fashion and hate doing the approaching. In fact, I won't do it. I'll do the subtle signs - like eye contact - that say - "hey I wouldn't mind being approached" - but I won't approach. They try and try to convince me - but it's something I'm just not comfortable doing.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I believe that everyone, of both genders, would prefer to be asked. Asking someone out requires taking risk. And being asked is an affirmation that the other person likes you. Always better to be asked.

That said, in the big game of life the guys have most of the breaks. So the fact that we have the minor inconvenience of having to ask out the women more often isn't all that big a deal. Just suck it up and it's not that bad.