Is the common please HELP

Options
rperkins27
rperkins27 Posts: 4 Member
Hello so I started my journey June 12 2020. It seems like I walk drunk a lot of water reduce my intake of sodas ( I have had 7 sodas In 20days. Normally I have at least 3 aday.) this morning I went to weigh my self. And I’m still the same weight. I’m almost disappointed and I don’t know what to do! HELP ME PLEASE

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat. How are you calculating that you are in a calorie deficit?
  • rperkins27
    rperkins27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m just using the this app. And putting all the things I’m eating
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    rperkins27 wrote: »
    I’m just using the this app. And putting all the things I’m eating

How are you putting in everything that you eat? Just based off the label, do you use the recipe builder for foods that you've made, or do you just select from the database?
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, please take a few and read this post, it will help you so much. But, I agree with the above, without weighing your food, how do you know what amount to put into your diary each day? Measuring cups are known to be inaccurate.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

What have you set as calorie goal? Are you staying under it?
    Do you weigh yourself at the same time of day?

Keep at it. When I started tracking, replacing soda, candy & cake cravings with plenty of water was the catalyst that started losing weight.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It is very common. The human body fights weight reduction tooth and nail.

Some suggestions:
    • Be precise in your food tracking - use a kitchen scale and weigh everything. Seriously!
    • USE your MFP, or other, tracking software to see what's good and what's bad about your diet - and act upon that information.
    • Eliminate ALL sodas. They are, basically, nothing more than sugar in liquid form.
    EAT LESS
    EAT BETTER
    MOVE MORE
  • SunshineMcsparkles
    SunshineMcsparkles Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have run into this as well. I found that I was eating too much because I was not measuring my food correctly. Once I started doing that and logging everyday it helped.
    Don't get discouraged and maybe cut back on processed foods. Eat fresh and make meal plans. I personally would cut back on soda. Diet or regular. The carbonation holds fluids and makes weight loss difficult.
    Recently been diagnosed as diabetic and high cholesterol. Instead of taking medication for it. I am using eating style changes and exercise as a way to control it. A1c is 7.0. So any and all support would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Where possible, dietary changes are way ahead of medication and still doing the same old, same old. Well done, SunshineMcs. Diet works for so many, Good for You.
  • d3e4
    d3e4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the cutdown of cokes! Thats just the forst step which makes it easier for the body to lose weoight once you cut calories. Its all about calories in calories out. Exercise is very important too. Lets do this!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    . I personally would cut back on soda. Diet or regular. The carbonation holds fluids and makes weight loss difficult.

Could you explain what you mean by this please?

What does 'carbonation holds fluids' mean and how does it make weight loss difficult??
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    . I personally would cut back on soda. Diet or regular. The carbonation holds fluids and makes weight loss difficult.

Um, no. The addition of carbon dioxide does not make weight loss more difficult.

Soda can make weight loss more difficult in these two ways:
    1. "regular" soda has calories that you may forget to count -- also they are what some call "empty calories," in other words sugar is adding calories without other nutrients. Some folks choose to fit a regular soda into their daily calories, others do not.
    2. "diet" soda makes some of us crave more food. I am one of these and therefore have switched from Diet Coke to unsweetened seltzers.

Some folks like seltzers, others like still beverages. Chacun a son gout.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Um, no. The addition of carbon dioxide does not make weight loss more difficult.

Soda can make weight loss more difficult in these two ways:
    1. "regular" soda has calories that you may forget to count -- also they are what some call "empty calories," in other words sugar is adding calories without other nutrients. Some folks choose to fit a regular soda into their daily calories, others do not.
    2. "diet" soda makes some of us crave more food. I am one of these and therefore have switched from Diet Coke to unsweetened seltzers.

Some folks like seltzers, others like still beverages. Chacun a son gout.

Agreed. I still also agree with the statement to cut back on soda, as both regular and diet soda are pretty bad for dental health. Has nothing to do with weight loss, though.