Eeek, I've placed a £1,000 bet on me losing weight for Christmas!

Options
sugarlips1980
sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
edited July 2020 in Motivation and Support
So I have placed a bet on myself losing 35Ibs in 6 months starting this week (website removed by mods). I've paid £1,000 up front (you can choose your amount and also pay in monthly installments) and if I hit my goal weight by December 30th I double my money. So the goal is to be slim, fit and healthy by Christmas with £2,000 in my pocket (which plan to spend on a new wardrobe!)

The amount I've set to lose equates to 1.3Ibs a week, healthy and doable but certainly not much room for slacking! Which is what I want.

I heard about this a couple of months ago and hesitated. I've had issues yo yo dieting over the years and wondered if this will contribute to it. Also I'm trying to get pregnant but I discovered you can pause it if you do get pregnant and you send them a doctor's letter.

But I also know myself and that I struggle to stop saying "diet starts tomorrow" without something inspiring and motivating to get me into a proper regime.

I've spent a year feeling pretty hopeless as I kept having "one last pig out day" which has resulted in the pounds piling on.

This week I've finally got motivated and have lost 3 pounds so far. You can submit your final weigh in in a 2-week window before your end date so I'm aiming to get a little ahead so I can enjoy Christmas (a reasonable amount!)

I've seen lots of success stories and I know there has to be people who don't stick to it or else the company wouldn't make money! I've decided I'm going to be one of the successful ones feeling smug with my £2,000.

And I've promised myself when I get there I am going to work on the right mindset for keeping healthy but realistic lifestyle changes a permanent part of my life to maintain my weight.

Hope you're all having a good week. We can do this!

[links removed by MFP mods]

Replies