Entertaining a Toddler

Options
Learned something fun this weekend. My (almost) one year old thinks it is HILARIOUS when I do planks and crunches in the living room. I guess maybe I'm making funny faces?? I don't know, but it distracts me from how much I don't want to do them, so I get more done!

Replies

• sazino
    sazino Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haha.....that is cute. My one year old just looks at me like I'm nuts when I'm working out in the house. But, he loves going out in the jogging stroller, so he motivates me to walk and run A LOT!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My son thinks it is hilarious when I do pushups. First he just brings me his books and puts them under my nose. And when I don't read them, he climbs under me so I touch his nose when I go down. Not sure why grown up exercise is so funny but the kiddos sure do make it better.
  • Vogue126
    Vogue126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good to know -- anything to keep doing planks (so effective but so hard)!:smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old son does yoga with me. I never really paid attention to what HE was doing until the other day I looked over and he was doing the downward dog position with one leg sticking straight out behind him.. I laughed so hard I fell out of mine.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Mine try to sit on me when I do that stuff. They think that's even more funny than just watching.