Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What A Difference 35 Pounds Makes!

So, I was bored today and decided to play dress up! I've recently been rebuilding my professional wardrobe (lots of hitting the sales this summer) and I've decided to play around with a couple of different looks.

This is a huge accomplishment for me because before I was not into fashion at all. I enjoyed looking nice and professional at my internship when I started my weight loss journey in January, but I was never excited about having to go and try on clothes because it was so hard to find stuff that I liked and looked good on me. But now, I'm reading fashion blogs/magazines and watching fashion gurus on YouTube. Shopping is still iffy, just because I don't like so many of the tops that are out there right now. But once I find something I like, it fits me perfectly 99% of the time.

To give you an idea of the change, here's my stats in January:
Weight: 197
Pants: 14/bordering on 16
Shirt: L/XL

and now:
Weight: 162
Pants: 8/10
Shirt: M (sometimes S depending on the cut)

And now for some of the shopping I've been doing (most of the pieces are from Kohls). I have dress pants too, but I'm super-excited about my pencil skirt right now! In the past, I never liked wearing skirts or more form-fitted clothing, but I love it now. I might have to go and get another pencil skirt in an 8 while it's still on sale because the 10 is a little bit lose on me.

j6n08w.jpg
The color of this shirt is one of my favorite new colors. I've always been buying jewel-tone blues, purples and greens, but I've really like mustard recently.

11sji3t.jpg
I've also been in love with cowl-neck sweaters (although I got this shirt back in 2010).

24g391j.jpg
Another cowl-neck sweater, in a jewel tone! I'm thinking about wearing this to an interview tomorrow (it's the third interview I've had for this position and I've worn a suit for the last two).

2csa1qa.jpg
Something I would have never thought of wearing before, a (thin) cable-knit sweater! I'm trying to decide between this look and the previous one for my interview tomorrow. Let me know what you think!

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    great job :)

I love the look of the second pic top just works great with that skirt :)
  • Jo120522
    Jo120522 Posts: 44 Member
    i think that the cable knit looks really good on you and best of luck for your interview
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    I like the green/teal top. Looking great!
  • You look great and mustard is definitely one of my new favourite colours too!

I like both sweaters but I think I'd go with the beige cable knit, a little less monochromatic and I like the necklace you chose too. Good luck!
  • Thanks y'all! I'm definitely leaning more towards the cable-knit now, especially since it doesn't show the belt loops as much as the green one. It's going to be in the mid-70s tomorrow for my interview, but the top isn't that thick and I know I won't be walking too far to the interview.

I'll have to try them both on for my mom and get her opinion on it before I make a final decision.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!