Sexy and Sassy - Week2 (Closed Group)

Options
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING

YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Not even a holiday off? Sheesh.
  • sass30
    Options
    Wow! Just finished my workout which was a HIIT workout and then the daily challenge, I am ready to turn in now. That bear walk is no joke, 3 minutes wasn't so bad but 5 minutes! I am sure that I will come in under calories today and I am already over on my water.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :noway: That's a really intense Week 2!!!
    I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend(U.S)
  • sass30
    Options
    Here are some videos:

Split squats : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKe29tTKGyw OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MhElJ779AU
    Toe touches : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4Q134UCcw
    Windshield wipers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
    Burpees : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50 (both beginner and advanced versions)

If you have questions on any of our challenges let me know or feel free to do a little research on youtube.com!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just finished pygmy challenge and I hate, hate, hate, bear walks, I feel like a total idiot doing them, did I mention that I hate them. I think I will substitute burpees or pushups or plank for them cuz I sure the heck am not doing them again.

Other than that I enjoy strength exercises and I hope to mix and match the bushmen and pygmy challenges occasionally

this is one of my low calorie days, so I am def under

beautiful hot September day so I am over on water

Is 20 minutes of exercise counted as a mile. I not quite sure how long a mile is since I usually calculate in kilometers
  • sass30
    Options
    So here we have it, Week 1's loss percentages!

lovecola06 - 1.5%
    MySonsRMarines - 1.2%
    zukekitty - 0.4%
    ahalla - 0.2%
    ArmyWife1099 - 0.0% (I need your start and current weight)
    seballard09 - 0.0%
    januarygal - 0.0%
    spurradic - 0.0%
    mkaluzny - 0.0%
    Sass30 - 0.0%

Congratulations to all of our losers and maintainers! Nobody gained!!!!
    This week will be intense but you all can do it. You are already stronger than last week.
    I again encourage you to try the Bushmen Series first, you may surprise yourself, you can even mix and match.

Great job everyone!
  • sass30
    Options
    Just finished pygmy challenge and I hate, hate, hate, bear walks, I feel like a total idiot doing them, did I mention that I hate them. I think I will substitute burpees or pushups or plank for them cuz I sure the heck am not doing them again.

Other than that I enjoy strength exercises and I hope to mix and match the bushmen and pygmy challenges occasionally

Is 20 minutes of exercise counted as a mile. I not quite sure how long a mile is since I usually calculate in kilometers

I checked a conversion site (http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/miles-to-kilometers.htm) and it says 1 mile is about 1.6 km.
  • januarygal
    Options

Forgot to mention that I walked for 70 minutes today at a brisk pace, which was around 6-7 km.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    well, after a long day in the car im back home and just finished the bushman day 1 challenges along with the first 5k of the week . over water and pretty sure ill be under calories since i have 1000 left for the day :)

looking forward to getting back to losing this week!

great job to everyone so far!
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did pygmy series and did an additional mile, water over and calories under.
  • sass30
    Options
    Pygmy Series
    Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    *Don't forget your extra miles*

Bushmen Series
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Triceps Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Wood chops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    *Don't forget your 4 minute tabata and extra 5ks*
  • zukekitty
    Options
    For Monday finished Bushman with Tabata. I have come to the conclusion the bear walk is just meant to be pure torture. Over on water and under on calories by 18, even after the hubby forced El Torito on me.

Just hit my first goal this morning, so excited. I'm not plateuing where I usually do so hope to hit my offical goal by the end of the month. Then I think I might just make a new one.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    do any of yall have trouble fitting in your regular workouts and the challenges? time wise that is? especially now that the challenges have been upped in time/reps/intensity?
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Definitely. Today I had to take the cat to the vet and I have a dentist appt later. Wanted to do the 3.2 mile walk today too but couldn't fit it in. And those dishes and the laundry aren't going to wash themselves.

Off to the gym!
  • sass30
    Options
    do any of yall have trouble fitting in your regular workouts and the challenges? time wise that is? especially now that the challenges have been upped in time/reps/intensity?

Unless I get my butt up at 5am and workout I usually have a difficult time getting everything in. My problem is when I don't get up at 5 my calorie budget is all screwed up and I end up with a crap load of calories to eat at 7 at night.
  • januarygal
    Options
    Just finished a combo of the pygmy and bushmen
    walked for 2 miles today
    under on calories and over 8 glasses of H2O so far and it's not even 5pm
  • sass30
    Options
    Under calories and over water. Bushmen Series Day 2 completed plus 1 5k. I am beat, long day at the office. Tomorrow I will post a running list of all of the mileage/5ks so we may all better keep track.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    Bushman day 2 completed. First day back using my right elbow so only used the 2 lb weights. Over water, will be under calories. Temps hitting 100 here so no walks unti it cools off. At 9:30 pm we are still in the high 80's. Ick. Hope it doesn't last.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was completed, but I was extra tired and just finished my log...sorry! I was under calorie and over water.