25 M, 5'7 185 lbs. On a goal to lose 20 pounds.

Options
Hi y'all!

My whole life I've been naturally skinny. But in the last two years I gained a significant amount of weight. I attribute this to a change in lifestyle and medication. I graduated from college. I am less busy and less stressed and when I'm stressed I don't eat. I take Trazadone for sleep. I know antidepressants can cause weight gain. Does anyone have experience with this?

I am trying to instill good habits before my weight get's out of hand. I have been trying intermittent fasting. It seems to be working. However, I need to learn how to count my calories and have healthier food habits.

Anyway, thank you for reading!

Also, don't mind my username. I have an odd sense of humor. Once I make real progress, I will upload a real photo of myself.

Replies

• GetfitSagitaryWriterman4263
    Options
    I hope it works out for you✊🏿
  • Doyouevenlift26
    Doyouevenlift26 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I’m on antidepressants. Some of them cause metabolic syndrome. I worked with my psychiatrist to try to avoid ones that do that I also got put on topamax for anxiety it also suppressed my appetite. I still struggle and have to bust my *kitten* to lose but it’s good to have an idea as to why you’re struggling to lose the weight. I take trazadone for sleep as well and I started the keto diet to try to burn fat another way since Excess carbs were killing my weight loss progress. I’m down 14lbs in a little over a month and a half.
  • dts_90
    dts_90 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting becomes an addiction (a healthy one mind you.)

The first few days you really need to remind yourseld to do it, but once you've built momentum you'll be plain sailing. You got this man.

Username is quality by the way, wish I'd of picked something similar. :D