What A Difference 35 Pounds Makes!

Options
So, I was bored today and decided to play dress up! I've recently been rebuilding my professional wardrobe (lots of hitting the sales this summer) and I've decided to play around with a couple of different looks.

This is a huge accomplishment for me because before I was not into fashion at all. I enjoyed looking nice and professional at my internship when I started my weight loss journey in January, but I was never excited about having to go and try on clothes because it was so hard to find stuff that I liked and looked good on me. But now, I'm reading fashion blogs/magazines and watching fashion gurus on YouTube. Shopping is still iffy, just because I don't like so many of the tops that are out there right now. But once I find something I like, it fits me perfectly 99% of the time.

To give you an idea of the change, here's my stats in January:
Weight: 197
Pants: 14/bordering on 16
Shirt: L/XL

and now:
Weight: 162
Pants: 8/10
Shirt: M (sometimes S depending on the cut)

And now for some of the shopping I've been doing (most of the pieces are from Kohls). I have dress pants too, but I'm super-excited about my pencil skirt right now! In the past, I never liked wearing skirts or more form-fitted clothing, but I love it now. I might have to go and get another pencil skirt in an 8 while it's still on sale because the 10 is a little bit lose on me.

j6n08w.jpg
The color of this shirt is one of my favorite new colors. I've always been buying jewel-tone blues, purples and greens, but I've really like mustard recently.

11sji3t.jpg
I've also been in love with cowl-neck sweaters (although I got this shirt back in 2010).

24g391j.jpg
Another cowl-neck sweater, in a jewel tone! I'm thinking about wearing this to an interview tomorrow (it's the third interview I've had for this position and I've worn a suit for the last two).

2csa1qa.jpg
Something I would have never thought of wearing before, a (thin) cable-knit sweater! I'm trying to decide between this look and the previous one for my interview tomorrow. Let me know what you think!

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great job :)

I love the look of the second pic top just works great with that skirt :)
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i think that the cable knit looks really good on you and best of luck for your interview
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I like the green/teal top. Looking great!
  • jesstika
    Options
    You look great and mustard is definitely one of my new favourite colours too!

I like both sweaters but I think I'd go with the beige cable knit, a little less monochromatic and I like the necklace you chose too. Good luck!
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I'm definitely leaning more towards the cable-knit now, especially since it doesn't show the belt loops as much as the green one. It's going to be in the mid-70s tomorrow for my interview, but the top isn't that thick and I know I won't be walking too far to the interview.

I'll have to try them both on for my mom and get her opinion on it before I make a final decision.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!