Chard Recipes

fstrickl
fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
I got my first CSA (crop share agreement) from a local farm last night (yay!) and one of the veggies it has in is chard. I’ve never cooked with chard before. Anyone have some recipe suggestions for cooking with chard? I have no food allergies, try to avoid eating meat but am not a vegetarian.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I lurv to put chard in my rice paper wraps. Basically, wet your rice paper, remove from water (pat til damp if you're into that), add a layer of chard (raw or lightly steamed), then pile on your fillings before you do your final roll.

I also enjoy chard steamed with fresh, local (roasted) garlic. That said, I like all veggies with fresh, local garlic..especially roasted.

For rainbow chard, I like removing the colorful stalks and saving them for soups or salads. Basically, how you'd use celery. I'm just basic and think it looks pretty!

Haven't yet tried "chard chips" (a sub for kale chips) but there's that option too.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I lurv to put chard in my rice paper wraps. Basically, wet your rice paper, remove from water (pat til damp if you're into that), add a layer of chard (raw or lightly steamed), then pile on your fillings before you do your final roll.

I also enjoy chard steamed with fresh, local (roasted) garlic. That said, I like all veggies with fresh, local garlic..especially roasted.

I agree! Anything roasted with garlic is majorly delicious. Thanks for these tips!

Clearly garlic is the way to go. Thanks for the recipe!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    There's a great Moosewood recipe called Spring Minestrone that calls for chard that is fabulous. I think you can find it on their website.
  • LinkedEmpire
    LinkedEmpire Posts: 40 Member
    I'm loving the garlic and lemon combo. 🍋🍋 I've used them before as sandwich wraps, filling was tuna and avocado salad. I had this really good soup that was like Italian wedding soup but instead had the chard, chunks of Italian sausage,a tomato base and I think some Navy or cannalini beans in there. Wish I could find the recipe.