What Is. A Day Like For Any Of You Eating?

What is a day like for any of u eating?

I have several Health issues, so just looking for simple meals, accountability partner, etc

I have
Congenital Hydrocephalus,
Retinaopathy of Prematurity
Hypertonia
Chronic Knee and Ankle Pain
2 L5 S1 Discectomies
Diverticulitis
Jerking and Shaking Episodes
Possible Neuropathy
Possible RA

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I usually do 2 simple/easy meals for myself and then cook something for me and my husband for dinner. Examples:
    Coffee and creamer or iced coffee with protein powder or milk
    BF: fruit and yogurt or nuts/peanut butter and graham cracker
    Lunch: big salad (greens, tomato, cucumber, lunch meat or hard boiled egg)
    Dinner: we rotate between chicken, beef, pork, and veggie meals. I pair a protein, veggies(we like veggie stir fries or just froz mixed veg), and a carb, or beans and rice. For veggie meals, I've made roasted cauliflower with beans, rice, avocado and twice I've made a cauliflower lentil stew.
    Snacks: fruit, nuts, protein bar
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Same breakfast, lunch, and snack every day (and I love them!). I rotate About 6-8 different dinners. This kind of routine helps me stay on track and doesn’t give me the opportunity to make bad choices.

Breakfast weekdays = eggbeaters with laughing cow light cheese, turkey sausage, and 1/2 English muffin (light butter)
    Lunch weekdays = turkey sandwich on light bread (light mayo and mustard), Greek yogurt, carrots and celery
    Snack 1 weekdays: spring mix salad with goat cheese and beets (and a lime dressing)
    Snack 2 weekdays: sliced red pepper, 3 mozzarella balls, turkey jerky stick, part of an apple (maybe almonds too)

Weekend brunch: giant omelette with 2 eggs and 3 egg whites, chicken sausage, sautéed kale, cheese, 1/2 English muffin with light butter and jam
    Snack 1: 2 oz turkey, crackers with laughing cow cheese, part of an apple (sometimes almonds too)
    Snack 2: spring mix salad with goat cheese and beets (and a lime dressing)

Dinners vary: fajitas, veggie and chicken stir fry, chicken salad and pretzels, pasta with vegetables and chicken sausage, turkey burger, tuna melts, etc.

And I have dessert every day - lots of individually wrapped ice cream goodies or a part of a good dark chocolate bar. I have desserts that range from 40 calories to 190 calories.

And sometimes I’ll swap out wine for one of my snacks, or chose a lower calorie dessert - I can change the moving parts if I want something special.

I have maintained my goal weight now for 5 months, and have splurged over holidays and my birthday weekend, and as long as I go back to my habits and my routine, all is good!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    I have found using a long fasting window works best for me. I like to feel full, have never been keen on eating in the morning, and have a very busy job. Limiting my window helps me stay on track and I make much better decisions about what I eat.

I break my fast before dinner time with veggies and sometimes a little fruit. I like steamed asparagus, roasted broccoli, apples, etc. If jump straight in to eating a normal meal without this before, I have issues r/t not having a gallbladder. I always have a container of sliced cukes and apples in the fridge so I have an easy break-fast available if I don’t feel like prepping anything.

I have a (usually) homemade meal with my family each night. I generally increase the veggies in any given recipe but will stick to the proportions of meat, dairy, fats. We have things like chicken quesadillas, beef pot roast, curries, sausage & peppers, chicken and dumplings, potstickers, lasagna, chili, beef stroganoff. Fridays we have pizza. I put my recipes in and stick to my portions.

I typically have 1 drink/day, either a 12-16 Oz beer or 6 Oz glass of wine.

For my “night meal” I will generally have a yogurt parfait, fruit protein shake, cottage cheese, etc with some nuts, fruit, or veggies. I like raw cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, etc with hummus or sour cream.

If I am still hungry I might have a glass of soy/almond milk, mozzarella stick, or a treat like a brownie or whole wheat bread with creamed honey.

I don’t generally crave the sweets when I am sticking to my goals. If I start to eat more refined carbs it becomes a self-perpetuating cycle of craving more.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    I agree with the above recommendation to see a registered dietician to get advice focused on your needs.

FWIW, I'm in maintenance, and do a lot of exercise (about two hours a day). I eat cereal for breakfast, a sandwich and fruit for lunch, meat, veggies and a starch for dinner, and snacks usually of oatmeal cookies, fruit, or ice cream.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    My diary is open. I use the recipe builder a fair bit, but I dont eat any weird stuff. Normal, every day foods 🤷‍♀️
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    It sounds like you should seek a professional (registered dietitian) to help you out, but I usually eat 2 larger meals and a smaller meal (if needed) spread out throughout the day. Mid morning, early afternoon and again in the evening. I don't snack or eat in between meals.

I usually start my day off with a couple servings of fruit, then I'll have something protein based like a protein smoothie, oatmeal with unflavored protein powder mixed in or something with eggs like an omelette or french toast. Depending if I'm still hungry I might have some unsalted cashews or something.

For my lunch I'll make a sandwich or panini and have chip or homemade fries with it. Or I'll make a salad with veggies from my garden, avocado, a boiled egg etc.

My dinner is quite diverse. I love making veggie stir fry, veggie burgers, mock crab cakes, lo mein, tacos or burritos or sometimes I'll have breakfast for dinner.

If I need more calories for the day I'll add in a homemade fat bomb, a homemade protein bar or nuts.

I treat myself to pizza almost every Friday evening and that is usually the only meal I'll have that I don't cook all week.

Baking and making desserts are my thing on the weekend, but I usually make just one or 2 servings of an item.

I cook a lot from scratch and I eat mostly whole foods. I don't eat meat and I rarely drink calories. Just water and a little unsweetened tea from blends that I make. This saves me a lot of calories that I use towards food.
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast is eggs & wheat bread or sometimes i add 2 slices of turkey bacon, or sometimes I add 1oz of turkey deli meat.

Snack: pistachios
    Snack: greek yogurt

Lunch might be 5oz of steak with 3oz pinto beans with cilantro (my version of a burrito bowl)

1/2 protein shake After my workout
    Snack: apples & peanut butter

Dinner might be 5oz chicken breast with 4oz broccoli and 2.5oz of brown rice

I try for meat & vegetables & limit my high carb servings (breads, crackers, pasta, rice)
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    I eat pretty much the same thing over and over again.

Breakfast : Oatmeal, seasonal fruits, nut butter, protein powder. And coffee with cream.
    Snack 1 - Rice cake with nut butter and whatever fruit is on sale. Sometimes I have puffed cereal with almond or cashew milk or granola bars.
    Lunch - Rice, chicken, beans, heaps of veggies.
    Or some kind of pasta with chicken and veggies and mozzarella sticks.
    Snack 2 - Seaweed, dark chocolate. Some days hummus with sardines.
    Snack 3 - Dark chocolate with tea.
    Dinner - Any kind of fish with veggies and beans/eggs.
    Snack 4 - Seaweed, hot cocoa. Or sometimes yogurt with fruits. Oh some nights, more dark chocolate.