Favorite crunchy snack?

Options
anj32694
anj32694 Posts: 35 Member
What is your favorite healthy crunchy snack? I will be doing a lot of studying over the next few weeks, as I prepare for national board exams. I’d love to hear your ideas for a snack that won’t set me back!

Replies

• nikkigetsthinner
    nikkigetsthinner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How about some baked fruit and vegetable chips? Like zucchini or kales. Apples can go too. Zucchini and carrot sticks baked are also nice. You can find a lot of recipe on YouTube ;)
  • cathywalsh00
    cathywalsh00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the board exams. I remember when I as studing for my LCSW exam. I love cut up apples with a few pecans and some raisins. Air poped popcorn with some nuts thrown in (I tend to mix my carbs with proteins). A high protein/low fat cereal without milk. I find that when I was studing the key for me was to premeasure all my snacks for the day. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much you've eaten. Best to you, would love to hear how the studing is going.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.
    Roasted seaweed.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Lotus chips oven baked
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Roasted salted edamame!
  • cleopold4
    cleopold4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bean/lentil pita... frying pan or oven... you can make them like a tortilla or thin or crunchy... My life saver

I use it as a substitute for flour, pita bread or rice with my curries
    For crunchy, I make nachos (lean slender cut beef, beans, tomatoes etc .... It makes a great corn chip substitute. i just break off a piece and use it as a spoon.

I can make a sandwich or hamburger (beef or chicken with lettuce and tomato.
    Or crunchy ... with tuna and tomato/onion bites.

Since your question is crunchy.... the sky is the limit... make them thin and crispy with honey or your favorite savory

Mung Bean Dosa
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIyPnZvyX8

LENTIL FLATBREAD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaF29Echlsk&t=212s

If you have trouble, make the mixture thicker next time :-)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    My favorites when studying were very simple:
    - rice cakes
    - raw veg (especially carrots)
  • ebrookes73
    ebrookes73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    roasted spicy chickpeas
    raw carrots
    ryvita with light laughing cow soft cheese + gherkins
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Microwave poppadoms sold deep frying at home on high for a minute. Once cool they turn brittle. I like a dip made with no fat yoghurt with a little mango chutney stirred in.
    crgdhtz1b8pz.jpeg

• anj32694
    anj32694 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all of the awesome ideas everyone! I can't wait to try some.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and apple slices are easy to take with as snacks, but noisy if you’re studying in a library. 😋

I guess because of stupid COVID, you’ll be studying at home, so I’ll add popcorn. And maybe sunflower seeds in the shell. Keeps your mouth occupied without too many calories.