Okay - stick with me here, it's a good message.

Options
So, I'm not overly religious, but I do go to church on occasion. This past Sunday, our pastor did his sermon on holding grudges.

The message was this: The person feeling pain from the grudge is the person holding the grudge. You might feel like you have power over the other person, but really the grudge is what has power over you.

They actually have medical studies out there of people with physical ailments such as elevated blood pressure, anemia, etc. Nothing was helping them with their issues...as a last draw, they worked on their emotional selves. One of them forgave their husband - her health improved. The other let go of some pain she'd been holding for years - her health also improved.

Anyway, I just thought it was really powerful and thought this message could possibly be tied to weight-loss too. If you're plateauing and feel that maybe there is some stuff you're holding on to - let go! It might just work! Even if it doesn't help with your weight, it will definitely make you feel better!

The Reverend has spoken.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
  • faith12207
    Options
    Thanks needed to hear this.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    it is a good message :) thank you for that!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Great message, the human body is an amazing machine. Thank you for the post!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think our physical health has so much to do with spiritual/emotional health (even if you are not a religious person). Sometimes the "weight" we carry is much more from the emotional baggage. Once we let that go, it can affect other parts of our life that we did not even realize had a connection. I like this message!
  • jumperchick
    Options
    interesting ! i will keep thatin mind =]
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Not religious, but I do know that holding grudges totally affects you as a person. And that intern can eat away at your confidence and compassion. Being angry just pumps your blood pressure and causes stress. Fuggedaboutit.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Grudges.. Story of my life. This is so true but so hard to do.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It's poison, it's poison I tell ya....

great post, true.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Same with anger.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Same with anger.

Absolutely - It's the devil's work! :devil:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Totally true!

Grudges cause you stress.. and Stress makes weight loss a whole hell of a lot harder.

Let go of the grudge and I bet the weight loss would be a whole lot easier..