Chafing

Options
What are the best options to prevent chafing when working out? Thanks!

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Moisture-wicking (or at the very least non-cotton) clothing without rough seams (in places that chafe), and body glide.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    What body part are we talking here?

In general, I get by with avoiding skin-on-skin contact (especially my thighs of thunder) and good socks to avoid foot issues. That, or I would chafe but have magically chosen perfect clothing to save myself from it.
  • KatiB321
    KatiB321 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thighs are the main culprit and sometimes upper arms because I prefer running in tights and sports bra at home. I might have to get me body glide and see if it makes difference since I always chafe in the same spots. Thank you.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well fitting properly designed workout gear
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have great luck with Monistat anti-chafing gel
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Several people here suggested Body Glide anti chafing stick. If I could give them all a group hug, I’d do it.

Eliminated the unbelievably painful batwing chafe I had going on for a while, now use it occasionally on my heels.
  • powercycle
    powercycle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use some Anti-chafing gel (like Lanacane brand).
  • nurabh94
    nurabh94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lush have an amazing anti chafe powder that SMELLS heavenly and has been my life saver during workouts and many a summer. It’s called Silky Underwear. I think they also have creams but haven’t used them so can’t recommend!
  • KatiB321
    KatiB321 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I will definitely get the Body Glide but I will also check out the Lush product since I am a sucker for good smelling products ☺️
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    What body part are we talking here?

In general, I get by with avoiding skin-on-skin contact (especially my thighs of thunder) and good socks to avoid foot issues. That, or I would chafe but have magically chosen perfect clothing to save myself from it.

Ditto. I ensure my workout shorts have a long enough inseam to prevent chub rub (I'm 108 lb, but have the 'thunder thighs'), which works enough for my needs.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I have great luck with Monistat anti-chafing gel

This stuff was the best of all the anti - chafe (non - clothing) solutions I tried (albeit not as good as shorts, and if memory serves was harder to find and smaller/more expensive than body glide, etc).

(ETA: I never tried it for running but rather for daily wear with skirts... These days I just wear vanity fair slip shorts for that).
  • owen1826
    owen1826 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Deodorant.