Anyone in 50's?

Options
Dedoy70
Dedoy70 Posts: 1 Member
I'm heading into my fifties. I need lose lots if weight. Anyone have any tips please ?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The only tip is to stick to it. I've only got six months left in my sixties. You will find folks from 18 up around here, plenty in their 50s.

Basically, weight loss works the same for everybody. You need to consume fewer calories than you expend. Use the calculators to figure out your daily category target. Make sure it is something you can maintain. Don't try to lose weight too fast and make it too hard on yourself. You don't want to quit.

Get a kitchen scale, start weighing what you eat and use the food log to keep track of how much you eat. Many folks have open diaries. Mine is open but it's a little odd because we have our suppers delivered in our community and I am often doing a best guess on what's in various dishes.

When you eat at a deficit, you lose weight. If you start to exercise a little, you'll feel better, gain other health advantages, and you may burn a few more calories but don't expect exercise to do everything for you. I slowly push my upright walker outside for about an hour and burn about the calories there are in one Snickers bar.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,129 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this December
  • IWTBF67
    IWTBF67 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    68! My advice is don’t wait until your 68 to improve your health! I found out the hard way. Good luck!