Fitbit

Can someone tell me if mfp just adds steps from fitbit or my run as well... And I don't want my burnt cals added on to total left

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I think it should add for all the calories if it's synched( but not 100% positive). Mfp is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories. (If that's what you mean by you don't want them added).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Can someone tell me if mfp just adds steps from fitbit or my run as well... And I don't want my burnt cals added on to total left

Then you need to unsync in anyway if that is your desire.

MFP uses the 3rd party trackers to correct it's estimate of your daily burn which is initially based on your potentially bad guess of activity level and not logging workouts.

Then it removes a deficit for weight loss if that is your option.

If you don't want MFP's system of teaching people about weight management that when you do more you eat more, and do less you eat less - then don't sync.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    My fitbit is synced with mfp.
    Under the goals option in mfp you can turn off the setting to stop MFP from adding the extra calories.

Not sure if that helps.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Skee_2802 wrote: »
    My fitbit is synced with mfp.
    Under the goals option in mfp you can turn off the setting to stop MFP from adding the extra calories.

Not sure if that helps.

Premium only.
  • kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I am hoping I can find help with my fitbit being synced. I feel that I have to disconnect the app and get it again to show up in myfitnesspal. Does anyone else have to do that on a daily basis and should it show activity minutes as well? Thanks for any advise.
  • kel_E
    kel_E Posts: 12 Member
    @heybales Thank you!